If you were in a liquor store and you saw a bottle of wine with you last name/maiden name on it that was made in the place your ancestors lived?

What would you do?
This happened to my mom a few years ago.
She was in the liquor store browsing and she saw a bottle of wine that was made by a winery with her maiden name in it, and it was made in the town that her ancestors came from.
She bought it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would HAVE TO buy THREE cases.

One for my father.
    One for my brother.
    One for myself... purely as a memento.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• I mean... [assuming I were hypothetically into wine -- obviously irl I'd just google it and pass it up, since I don't drink]

Uh... would I BUY it?
    No, of course I wouldn't. Lol.

If it had MY name on it... and my name was reasonably uncommon... and it was from the same town... I would damn well assume I could get a case or two for free, and I'd set about finding the proper contact information. (:

If my last name were something like "Rodriguez" or "Garcia" or "Hernandez" (= the most common last names in México) then I'd probably just buy the damn thing, lol.

• I'd be astonished because Ireland isn't exactly known for its great wines, if it was a whiskey though, hell I'd buy it and it'd better be good!

My ancestors are from Sicily,
      And they were mobsters so part of me is worried that it was a mob front

Lmao 😂 Why Italian wine is 👌🏻

• I have a pretty common last name, so it'd have to be some really specific coincidence, haha.

• My family in Italy owns a small vineyard, so they bring a bottle anytime they are in England (or America during the schoolyear). Does that count?

• I would think that's awesome.

I probably wouldn't do anything

• I dont like wine but I would buy the bottle and then do some research.

• Google it. I wanna know if I have long lost cousins

• buy a bottle and visit the winery

• Same, I would buy it.

• I would buy the store as well. 😊

• Google it, and either buy it or take a photo of it, depending on how much it costs 😂

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 2

• I would check to see if I have a share in the company lol

• I wouldn't be surprised and would probably buy it