What's the weirdest food you've ever eaten in a restaurant?

What would you like to try out of these dishes?
What is the most disgusting food here, something you would never eat?

• Raw fish in a Japanese restaurant
  • Dog stew in a Korean restaurant
  • Cat soup in a Chinese restaurant
    Vote C
  • Snails in a French restaurant
    Vote D
  • Roasted Frog legs in an Italian restaurant
    Vote E
  • Stuffed Camel in an Arabic restaurant
    Vote F
  • Fried Spiders in a Cambodian restaurant
    Vote G

Most Helpful Girl

• I've tried snails, and frog legs, they were ok. I would never eat spiders, yuck!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a vegetarian, so none of the above, but even if I weren't a vegetarian... I would never eat a spider, it's such a repulsive creature.
    If I had to, I would rather eat frog legs.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 17

• Something that was not even a"Special," that Everyone Ordered on the Menu at this Huge Renowned Hotel we had dinner at. Horrible.
    No one Could even Say that it was "Good,' and with the Manager having us All come back to Try again for Free, it still Wasn't Hot and Tasty for Thee.
    In La-men's terms, Anything we had Put on our Plate was not a Good Catch of the Day, not even the Looks from the Cooks.
    Second Try was Still Second Best from the Rest of Any place We had ever Eaten.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Thanks :)

• Oh, so welcome, worse food ever, hun.
      Thank you too for the Like though. xx

• You're welcome too :)

• Blackened Alligator Tail.

I've only eaten one item from your list, and raw fish isn't "weird" to me at all, since I eat sushi at least once a week.

Now for those who didn't know this, sushi does NOT = raw fish. Su-shi means "with rice" when directly translated. And, in fact, Many sushi rolls don't contain fish at all, and further, most sushi is cooked. "Sashimi" is raw fish, so avoid sashimi roils if you don't like that.

• I've had Fugu, which is basically puffer fish, in Japan and the whole thing was such an event, like the chef actually cut it in front of us and when I ate it I could feel the leftovers of the poison tickle on my tongue. It was really good though! Totally worth risking your life for!

• The weirdest thing I ordered is sushi burger. I went with my family to a restaurant with specialty of burgers. I'm not that fond of burgers, so I had to order something from the "anti burger" section, lol. Sushi is by far my favorite food hence I was interested in trying the sushi burger. It looked something like this:
    images.britcdn.com/.../Chirashi-Burger-645x379.jpg
    I did not like sushi with a twist to it. I was disappointed there wasn't even sea weed, which is one of the most important ingredients. The original sushi is miles better. It was so big and one of the weirdest things I've eaten, lol.

• Vegetarian here, so wouldn't try any.

In the past, before I stopped eating meat, I tried snails (taste like chicken really) and frogs legs. Nothing unusual.

• I would only try camel out of these

• I would try any on your list except fried spiders. I already ate snails long ago in my HS french class.

• All of these looks nastyπŸ˜• But the frog legs and spiders take the cake, Ugh😟

• Pineapple soup 🍡 I made it myself

• bleh. i just puked

• I love sushi, I have no problem with eating it. I don't think I would eat anything else of the list because it all sounds gross...

• Calamari

• Snails and Alligators

• When I was on an educational trip to Congo with my mum, I tried human meat. It was fairly nice.

• None of those are weird, wouldn't try the spiders though

• WTF, you would eat spiders?

• I dislike spiders so I wouldn't eat them, I'd try everything else.

• Oh, I see, lol, I agree :D

• WHOEVER ATE THE CAT SOUP OR DOG SOUP IS A HORRIBLE PERSON! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?

• It wasn't me, lol :P

• @Bobbyhill1 piss off man
      You know that's not how I meant it

• why are you getting so angry? what exactly do you mean by what you said?

• Frog legs and chicken gizzards, but in a local (hillbilly) restaurant.

• Chicken gizzards, OMG 😡

What Guys Said 13

• I've tried the raw fish and the snails, and they were alright. I'd try all of the dishes on the list as well, if I were given the chance- I have a wide and undiscriminating palette, and I'm always open to try new things (within reason, of course- if you'd added Balut, Casu Marzu, Kiviak or Thousand-Year-Old Eggs, there's no way I'd touch any of those with a bargepole). Something which you didn't add to the list, which I actually enjoyed quite a bit, was Escamoles, in a Mexican Restaurant:
    scstylecaster.files.wordpress.com/.../x17369.jpg
    Who needs caviar, eh? Anyhow, the weirdest and most disgusting food I've ever tasted though, something which I'd never eat again, would have to be Durian fruit. Forget all of the hang-ups about this meat or that meat- look past the ick factor to the actual eating experience, and it's a clear winner (loser) for me. Even after brushing and brushing my teeth over and over again, using mouthwash every day, I could still smell the reek on my breath for the next fortnight. Never again...

• Escamoles, damn that's disgusting...
      Durian fruit, hmm, what does it taste like?

• Like overly sweet, thicker-than-custard vomit. But stinkier. A lot stinkier.

• Damn, it sounds really disgusting...

• Haggis cdn.theculturetrip.com/.../...990081de191a725e.jpg Looks like cat food tastes like shit, but a bet's a bet.

• Closest to C - Poached frog in a Chinese restaurant, my friend ordered it and wouldn't touch it so I ended up eating it.

• Rattlesnake.

• It was Sushi, why the f*ck someone eat raw fish?

• I ate camel and duck twice i liked them but my family called me disgusting

• snails i like them a lot

• Snails
    Alligators
    Frog legs
    Sushi
    Elk burger

• "Roasted Frog legs in an Italian restaurant"

it's a French thing, not Italian.

• Mmm, I love cat soup :P

• You've actually tried spiders?

• tentacles in Japan... I mean Italy

• The most disgusting is raw fish I think, and I'd never eat snails or spiders either. I wouldn't like to try any of them but if I was choosing one I'd have the frog legs.

I've never had anything weird from a restaurant, so the strangest is probably just feta cheese with honey

• Weird, was that some sort of Greek dish?

• Yeah