I'm turning 21 in a month will I still get in trouble for drinking alcohol?

Will I still be considered underage even if I'm turning 21 in a month?

3mo I know when I turn 21 I'll be legally able to drink alcohol. I'm talking now as a 20 year if I got caught drinking alcohol would I get in trouble or would they let me off the hook cause I'm turning 21 next month?

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless you go out of your way to attract attention, you will be fine. A cop could still nail you if they check your ID.

Most Helpful Girl

• You'd still get in trouble if you got caught drinking now. It is not legal to drink underage, period.

What Guys Said 6

• Yup its still underage drinking. Don't do anything too stupid and get caught. Its a hefty fine along with taking a class I believe.

• Technically yes but I doubt it would be a huge thing since you are close to 21

• I'm sure if you don't get belligerently drunk, you won't get in trouble for drinking at this point. You won't be able to buy still (unless you are not carded/use a fake ID).

• Bah whateves. Beer is beer. Buy a shotgun at 18 but dont give young adults beer, makes no sense

• Yes you will, the law doesn't care about ur birthday. I'd wait the 1 month, it isn't worth it.

• No you shall not. Those days are behind you enjoying the view.

That's not what I mean I'm talking about I'd I got caught drinking now as a 20 yr old

Oh. My apologies. If the legal drinking age where you are is 21 you will still get in trouble. Just wait the month and don't ruin 20 years and 11 months of the straight and narrow

What Girls Said 7

• only if ur stupid about it. just b safe and smart about it :)

Read the update

depends on ur luck. u might slide, or they could b a weenie and you could get in trouble

• You're legal at 21 so no, you won't get in trouble.

That's not what I mean, I'm talking about now as a 20 year old

Oh then you have to wait til you are 21.

• Um... for now, yes. Once you turn 21, no.

That's how age works.

• Well, just to be safe, don't do it in a bar yet.

• By law you could get in trouble. Well that's for Canada I don't know about the USA

• yes you have to be 21. if you're question is serious you shouldn't even be allowed alcohol

• You have to be 21? In my country you can drink at 18.

To answer your question, yes it matters. Even if it's 1 day before you're 21 I don't think you should drink until you officially turn 21.