Is the craze for sushi a global phenomenon?

Here in Australia there's a sushi bar like every 5 metres, it's fantastic - I love sushi! Just curious to know if it's the same in other countries? I'm scared the fad will end!

Most Helpful Guy

• It is the same in Canada - at least in urban areas in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec. Not so much the white redneck areas in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

What Guys Said 7

• It's not going anywhere any time soon lol
    So as long as the sun rises from the East , there will be Sushi from the Land of the Rising Sun , you need not worry.

• Global white girl phenomenon? Yes!
    I've never been into sushi/seafood much. Until Starbucks starts having issues, I'm sure you're safe.

• Never took to it I am afraid

• No there isn't. There's no sushi bars for about 45 K's where I live.

• Here we have only one every few bigger cities but they have been here for over a decade. Only in the capital size cities you have multiple. So they are very staying the same over the years.

• It seems like it. Here in the US it seems to be about the same & a lot of people talk about it.
    It's not for me.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, I live in Japan, You can find sushis everywhere.. restaurants, grocery stores , anywhere!
    I love Sushi!!! Healthy and Yummy!

• I don't know anyone close to me that is that crazy about sushi, though I know some people do like it.

• not really a fan tbh

• No, not really. It's not a fad here. There are Japanese restaurants here but the taste of sushi doesn't appeal to many people