Hamdog? Yes/No? Your thoughts?

Mark Murray, a Perth man in Australia, has created rather something unusual, but is it pure genius?

"HAMDOG" is what the creation is called, is a cross between a hamburger and hotdog.
For $8.00 you get a Bunbury beef patty cut in half, with a Hunsa frankfurt inserted in the middle. It’s comes with lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles and three different sauces (American mustard, tomato sauce *ketchup* and mayonnaise). The bun is also handmade from a bakery located in Perth to make it fit the hamdog lol
Hamdog? Yes/No? Your thoughts?

Would you be keen to try it? Or pass on the opportunity?

Most Helpful Guy

• Unnecessary.

Doesn't add anything to the eating experience.
    Just buy both products. Eat em at the same time.

Yeah I bet separating the food is actually better, that way the flavours don't intertwine

I think the genius part is they can make the portion size smaller so a person that would like a combination can get both without waste.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would love to try something like that for the sake of just trying something new☺️ And it actually doesn't look too bad haha

What Guys Said 26

• So it's a hamburger and a hotdog in one? and sounds good.

But it pales in comparison to the bacon burger dog.

It's a hotdog or bratwurst wrapped in hamburger and then wrapped in bacon and then grilled.

fastpaleo.com/.../IMG_5882.jpg

Or you can do a bacon cheese burger dog were it's a hotdog wrapped in cheese then hamburger then bacon.

bacontoday.com/.../bacon-dog.jpg

Man I'm so hungry now your not ready for the bacon cheese version though we'll start you off with just a regular.

https://youtu.be/YWyv5HK-j8o

Yeah it's a hotdog and a hamburger in one. Sounds odd to me lol I don't know, there's a lot going on and I'm afraid the flavours might clash 😐

Omg it looks so greasyyyyy lol

Haha yup little baby pigs = bacon seeds.

Also I'll never pay 8$ for that you Australians and your prices /= y'all are getting *sings* screwed.

• It's even less appetizing than the thought of being served a steak with a hole in the middle wherein a boneless chicken breast has been stuffed. Food items created by dullards should only be consumed by same.

• Hamdog? Why not Hotdogburger? Eating a hamburger and hotdog at the same time, I see. Maybe if I ever get the chance, I might try it once. Don't really know until I actually come across it in real life.

Haha I'm not quite sure. But that was what the guy called it Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

• I am 100% certain someone had already thought about this but didn't make it public. Or did but it didn't spread.

I was thinking that too. I've seen this done before

• i'd try it but a hambuger and hotdog combined doesn't sound appealing to me

• I would totally eat that... but without pickles -_-

Thank goodness he didn't decide to add vegemite... hahahaah xD

• Kinda sounds like a thing I've done before cut a hotdogs in half length ways and put it on a burger lol. Same thing basically

Haha yeah sounds like it

Yeah I know. But patents aren't eternal lol. Only 20 years which I guess would be enough for this.

Yeah not even 20 years I think. But he needs to pay money to keep it his. Lol seems like a hassle but eh I don't think it would do well 🤔😶 don't see how it benefits or helps anyone, that I agree with you on.. also

• Oh my goodness sis... now his competitor will come with the "HOTCAT" 8)
    We'd have to taste it to judge, wouldn't we?
    But I think it will rather be something fancy than become something popular :o

I don't think it will serve much to the audience. Some people may don't like hotdogs or hamburgers so that would eliminate a lot of people. Especially to those who eat on a strict diet because of there choice. I'm just unsure about this one dear brother 🤔 It's got me conflicted lol

I would maybe try it once just out of curiousness... but it would have to be special to try it again!
      My inspiration of being a marketeer says the product won't work :-(

Yeah I believe it won't work either 😐

• Damn, you're making me hungry 😣

I would definitely be willing to try one

Haha sorry bandit 😶

Yeah, probably 😅

Haha it's what business is all about

• I would try it but not a huge fan of fast food in the first place

• He patented it. Nice. That's a great idea and why it's $8.

Yeah did you hear? He was seen on that Rv show Shark Tank. A tv show with investors and you basically go in and sell them your product and they either help you invest in it or not depending how well your product is. It's pretty cool.

But yeah the guy patent it. He said it's all hand done so his thinking of a way for a machine to help him make it faster 🤔

Most food sold in restaurants isn't really great for us I guess

True True

• It's nice to see that Americans aren't alone in inventing crazy junk foods. LOL

• That looks horrible.

• I just have a suspicion I've seen this before. I'd try it but it looks like the kind of thing that makes you feel like crap afterwards

A lot of junk food tends to have that affect on you afterwards lol

• I'll give it a try

• I'll eat it!

Mooky are you Australian? That is my dream place to go on vacation! Is Australia that amazing as I imagine it to be? 🇦🇺

Yeah I'm Australian ☺️ It depends which city you'd like to travel to, but what exactly have you been hearing about us? Lol

HAHA getting a selfie and an unwanted kick in the face :/

Oh yeah totally forgot they will kick you in the face if they feel like it! I'll be very careful not to upset it, I'll filter the picture.. he might be pleased and not kick me lol

• I'd murder that in heart beat that is making me hungry LOL 😝

• interesting, worth a try

• looks better than whatever mcdonalds comes up with.

• Oh no!

• I've had one of these and too be honest, there is nothing real special about it. It's just a plain generic burger with a store-bought Frankfurt sausage in it. The burger wasn't all that tasty so it was kind of disappointing.

Ugh *spoiler alert* lol

That's cool. I thought it may be an impact of flavours, but the way you described it makes it sound terrible 😩 Lmfao

• looks cool!

• Why not?

• $8.00, Jezzum! :O

• looks yummy

• Nope

What Girls Said 12

• I'LL TAKE IT. I'm hungry af anyway right now :(
    http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/stuff1.gif
    (appropriate gif of Bill Murray who seems to be sharing the same last name as the genius creator of the hamdog)

• I... I think I'd try it. Haha, it looks crazy.

• Noooo...

• Sure, it looks tasty :D

• YES. @CosmicShores

• No, I'm not digging it.

• It actually looks good. 😋😍

• I would def try it 😍

• LOOKS AMAZING YES

• Yes I would eat one😀😊😎🙌🙌🙌👍👍👍

• No... it looks weird and gross

• My boyfriend actually makes something pretty similar to that. It's delicious, so I'd definitely try this one too.