What's the deal with airline food?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand the question?

If a flight is at or above a certain length of time in the sky (not including take off or coming in for landing) then the airline will serve a meal to the passengers. The meal varies by the airline, the time of day, and the destination.

What more is there?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's crap. Always has been. I first flew around 1966-67. I don't remember what I ate, but it wasn't good. The portions used to be a little larger though. Train food is also crap (and expensive as hell). Train station food is crap. Bus station food is crap.

And the flight attendants don't wear mini-skirts any more. And they aren't required to be female and single like they were when I was young. (yes, that really was a requirement)

What Girls Said 7

• What's the deal with u rippin seinfeld off?

• It's a necessity. If you're gonna be sitting for a long period of time, you'll need to have meals. During short flights, the airline usually offers just drinks.

Bringing your own food has inconveniences.

• I don't know.

• always order the vegan, doesn't contain any hairs then.

• Airline food is crap

• They're cheap. I heard that the Middle East airlines have better foods.

• The airlines are cheap these days

What Guys Said 7

• Depends on length of flight - I think under two, there is no food, 2 to 4 they give you a snack. 4 plus a hot meal and probably a snack.

• Bah airplane food is like cafeteria food or just cold sandwiches. But that's middle class

First class people it's different. Just a business model probably to separate the two

• not a fan of airline food. the pancakes were hard enough as hockey pucks, the sausage was nuked and hard enough to be used to hammer a nail in it. And the coffee is as strong as a watered down scotch and water.

• I don't know, I don't mind it, it's not super though, but whatever

• I think it's not being preserved or it's been prepared and stored than reheated and given to passengers.

• 20 years before you were born they served steak & a small bottle of wine in coach. Now they just spit on you & tell you to shut up & sit down.

• They're food served by the airline