Don't you think that banana is the most underrated fruit ever?

Don't you think that banana is the most underrated fruit ever?Apples, mangoes, grapes, oranges, strawberries etc are too mainstream. I've never met anyone whose favourite fruit is banana. It's not just cheap but there are a lot of health benefits of bananas. I eat it daily and everyone should! So, why it's not getting enough love?

#BananasEqualRightsMovement

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 21

What Guys Said 21

• I love bananas not much as I love avocado.

www.pngall.com/.../Avocado.png

• A banana is VERY easily overlooked in the fruit hierarchy.

I also feel grapes are also slept-on too.

• Everything with banana in it tastes good. Fucking everything.

• I like bananas , you are right, they are a bit underrated.

• I just had one 🍌👍🏻

• Number one most sold item in Walmart and other major stores like it: the humble banana.

Though, truth be told, the ecology of the banana tree is not good at all.

• Well I like other berries better, and anything that grows around here are usually better because you can pick them ripe. Still love bananas though, equal to a plum, below blueberries and above oranges if you want to get specific lol

I wish I'd eat blueberries. They're super rare here :/

Oh really? We have tons here, you can go blueberry picking, my buddy has a field of wild raspberries and there are mulberry trees behind my building lol

Let's trade! :D

• I don't know about all that, but I know for certain that the mighty banana slug is the most underrated of the mollusks.

santacruz.hilltromper.com/.../banana%20slug2.jpg

• 3 hrs old and no naughty banana gifs yet

I'm disappointed

This is a serious question. No profanity please. We are fighting for equal rights.

• Bananas are amazing. I have one during breakfast every day.

• it is a super fruit.

• True, and girls should eat more, publicly. Because yes.

• nah. there are definitely way better fruits... in my opinion

• It also has high sugar content. High enough to spike your blood sugar, which raises your insulin. Lowers your metabolism and a couple other lackluster things. Couple that with the high carbs and you've got a combination that can assist in making you fat. Apple can hold you over has low GI and fills you up enough so that usually one apple is enough. The best fruits for workout nutrition are mangos, peaches and grapefruit.

Pfft!

Insulin resistance is a major risk factor for many of the world’s most serious diseases, including type 2 diabetes.

Several studies have shown that 15–30 grams of resistant starch per day may improve insulin sensitivity by 33–50%, in as little as 4 weeks (35, 36).

Unripe bananas are a great source of resistant starch, and may therefore help improve insulin sensitivity.

@cavmanier As long as you're not a couch potato, it's no big deal.
      Bananas have 12 mg of choline, a fat-blasting B vitamin that acts directly on the genes that cause fat storage in the abdomen. (One reason heavy drinkers have bloated bellies is that alcohol depletes choline, causing weight gain around the liver.) You can also find it in lean meats, seafood and collard greens.
      โ€œBananas are a great source of nutrition for a lot of reasons!โ€ says Bjork. โ€œI encourage consuming protein and healthy fat with the banana to slow down the absorption of the sugar from the banana into your bloodstream. This is the most effective strategy for keeping blood sugar levels stable, which means consistent energy levels and weight loss (since stable blood sugar levels allow the pancreas to secrete glucagon, the fat-burning hormone!)โ€
      You'll have less cravings and feel fuller. However, diabetic people should not consume this.

Fruit is pretty awesome. I remember seeing this
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qKLlt8Oxpw

• I eat at least 2 bananas after finishing my exercises and yeah it helps a lot.

• nope, banana has the right amount of appreciation. Now if that banana could be eaten without having a peel left over i'd agree.

I think avocado doesn't get it's due. Avocado needs a publicity agent like Kale got a while back.

• Not under rated everyone knows the benefits of banana I think.

But they prefer inferior fruit over it. Apple is considered better and favourable than banana :/

I agree it migh be cuz banana is common

• My favorite fruit is bananas.

• I like nectarines

• i like bananas but they have such a small window of ripeness. they're terrible when they're green.

I like bananas but Ughhh yes they are terrible when they are green. Bitter!

I agree with you.

I've learned to put them in the fridge a day or two before they look peak ripe. They usually last maybe 4-5 days like that. I actually buy them at costco lol