Could you taste the difference between cage free, free range, and Caged chicken eggs?

I always thought it was a fad, but my lady friend just gave me some free range chicken eggs from her uncles ranch and they seem to taste different when fried. Not in a good or bad way.

Most Helpful Girl

• They do, I thought it was just me, but my family knows the difference between farmer's market food and the regular Aldi or Target shit I buy. And that's without me even mentioning it.
    The meat quality is definitely a huge, great difference, but it's so expensive lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, livestock that has a more natural diet and environmental conditions ends up tasting different than one on commercial feed and antibiotics in here:

www.poultryhub.org/.../Broiler-shed-interior1.jpg

They are generally more resilient breeds of chickens then leghorns, but they typically lay less eggs per week and you have to hunt for their eggs sometimes if they free range...

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, they look and taste different. I actually have chickens so my family is always stocked with farm fresh eggs. Lol

• Yes. Also the chicken itself tastes so different when it's free range. Much more muscly - so it's more for cooking than baking...

• My family has chickens who don't live in cages and are free range, they definitely taste better than store bought. They also have a deep orange color.

• I don't know if I could to be honest with you. I think I eat way too fast to tell the difference. xD

• The caged chicken eggs has a noticeable smell from free range eggs. It doesn't leave me wanting more.

• Yes, eggs don't come from farms and ranches taste way better than the ones at the store. I use to leave in the country, and we eat eggs from the farm, and ranches.

• Haven't tried them.

• I think what we really need here is an Egg Professional.
    I'm not one of them.. :,)

I'm not sure for the taste.. But, the difference is probably the nutrients inside the egg depending what they feed or do to the chickens.

• Totally. Which is why I have my own chickens 😀

• Probably not. I care about the chickens' wellbeing, I don't think their eggs are going to taste that different depending on it

What Guys Said 12

• they look different. but honestly i'm not sure if i can taste a difference... maybe i'll have to try one next to the other

• My grandma raises her own chickens (yes some of them are male so my grandma raises cocks) and their eggs taste much differently from the store bought ones.

• Yes. In fact, store eggs are lame and not rich at all. We get our eggs from local farmers and the yolks are very orange and rich.

• Dude, pasture raised eggs taste much better. They're more... eggy? The yolks are so much more vibrant, too.

• Yes they do but you can't beat 50 cents for a dozen when they are on sale. Especially when I eat 6 eggs at a time lol.

I eat 7 boi get on my level 😎

@Mario21 nope never. 7 is an odd number 😜 with 6 I have an even amount. Eggs don't come as bakers dozen 😜

• I think you can taste the difference especially when you buy the whole chicken and roast it.

• Massive difference, they taste richer and the yolks are a deep orange compared to watery yellow.

• hmm I don't know... might just have to do with the feed. but wouldn't buy eggs of caged chickens, no matter what.

free range eggs don't cost that much more and I prefer if the animals have a better life

• actually i can. the eggs from my granny's farm are bigger, the shell is thicker and the yolk is waay bigger than store eggs, no matter of its free range or caged chicken eggs.

• No. Not that I know of, I haven't eaten anything different than store bought eggs, the same kind, I wouldn't really know

• Yes. I can also tell by how they look when I crack them

• The last two I can.