What other food do ducks like?

So if its on my way, I'll sacrifice my bread, or take a loaf of sliced bread in my bag. I end up doing this consistently when Im drunk too (seeing ducks and then spending the next 28 minutes stumbling around trying to find them some nibbles in the middle of the night). But it would be handy to know what else they like but can't reach, for when you don't have bread. Anyone actually know? Thanks :-)

0|0
3|4

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Ducks are omnivores... They'll eat a lot of things. Somethings they eat are aquatic plants, grass, fruits, vegetables, grains, insects, small fish, even small frogs or rodents. Sometimes they even cannibalize their young if they are injured or become road kill... They really love oat meal though. I use to feed mine all my garden pests (snails, slugs, weevils, etc.), some greens from the garden, oat meal, and any damaged fruit/veg that I grew...

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Actually you shouldn't feed ducks bread. Its bad for them. You could buy bird pellets at a store?

0|0
    0|0
  • Popcorn. I use to give them that when I was a kid.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Don't feed ducks bread. It's not good for them. Too much bread gives them a condition called 'angel wing' which deforms their wings and prevents them from flying.

Corn, peas, seeds or torn up lettuce is better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Snails, supposedly.

0|1
    0|0
  • crackers

0|1
    0|0