What are foods / meals you put on your grocery list?

I'm trying to make a well -rounded and wholesome grocery list so we aren't stuck with the same foods we always get.

Which is primarily pasta, tbh.

And for the past month or so our primary protein source is chicken so I'm kind of getting sick of that, as well.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I keep my pantry stocked with different types of pasta and sauces, a blend of rices and quinoa, and beans and lentils. We buy a tub of salad greens each week and usually tomatoes, a Cucumber and Avocado for sandwiches, salads, etc. I often will stop on my way home from work to buy a meat or something for dinner, but we do typically have meatballs, burgers and steaks in the freezer. I prefer fresh chicken and pork. I also make big pots of soup and freeze them so that's always an option as well.

What Guys Said 14

• pasta is cheap and good for you so it's always good to get
    chicken... very healthy, cheap and tons of ways to prepare it
    ground beef... less healthy but in moderation it is fine. lots of things to do with it (burgers, tacos, meatloaf, meatballs, etc)
    steak... i usually have a bunch in my freezer that i buy when they are on sale. delicious and in moderation healthy to consume

veggies and fruits.
    i steam a lot of veggies as side dishes for meals or otherwise usually go with salads

rice/risotto... it's a great side or something to accompany with meat and veggies

trader joes has really great prepared pizza doughs so we often have that and then obviously some good fresh mozz, sauce and toppings and you have a quick and easy meal

less healthy, i usually have hot dogs, and chicken nuggets so if i need a quick meal they are available

there aren't a ton of meats but it's really about finding different ways to prepare them

if i can find fish on sale i always get it (only wild caught or "responsibly farm raised"). you can often find tuna and salmon on sale

• When I shop I always try to buy the essential food groups, frozen pizza, bacon, candy, chocolate, cheese, and ice cream.

• Shrimp, salmon, thin-sliced bone-in pork chops, spare ribs, beef ribs, steak, hamburg, hot dogs...

• We would agree as far as the meals are concerned... pasta please! Anything that ends on -elli or -etti is on my shortlist :D

• We eat a lot of Indian food, Chinese, Thai, occasionally Greek, and sometimes just fruit wine cheese and crackers.

• Just learn2cook. The better you get at cooking the more variety you can get into your food-life.

There are tons of recipes online, so enjoy exploring.

I know how to cook I just don't know recipes that's why I'm asking...

• I like to mix it up with some grilled fish

• Turkey, pork, fish, potatoes, veggies, fruits, tortillas, hot sauce, lots of eggs, cottage cheese, rice, popcorn, jalapenos, habaneros, etc.

• easier to tell you what i dont have on my list
    no meat or fish or animal fats and nothing containing refined sugars.

• Chicken or other meat (depends what's on sale), veggies, cottage cheese, and sour cream.

• Sausage, potatoes, garlic, onion, broccoli, cheese, Kim chi, rice, beef shank, tomatoes, spices, cream, and some things I'm forgetting like eggs, flour

• pizza and pasta is all you need

• Chicken, fish, meat, egg, yoghurt, banana and green apple.. ;)

• I love you teawrecks.

images.gamurs.com/...d7-47bc-b8b3-22ff5ac8fb6c.jpg

As for your question: Broccoli, egg, soy milk.

What Girls Said 6

• Shit that's on sale and cheap and has like no fat go on my list.

• Cheese
    Bread
    Eggs
    Apples
    Honey
    Tea
    Fish
    Salad (different types)
    Sometimes Pasta

• Egg whites
    Cottage cheese
    Spinach
    Mushrooms
    Onions
    Chicken breast
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    Celery
    Apples
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    Sweet potatoes
    Spaghetti squash
    Beef jerkey
    Lunch meat

• Try going off of different types of food like Mexican, Chinese, Greek, southern. I like to go on Pinterest too to find new recipe ideas

• Seafood mostly.

• Fat Free Cottage Cheese
    Reduced Whipped Peanut Butter
    Skim Milk
    Apple Sauce, Cranberry Sauce
    Grilled Chicken Strips
    Rice Pudding cups
    Cereal, different assortment
    Ripe tomatoes