Can you help me pick a wine that lacks the taste of alcohol?

Do they even exist? :P
I really hate the taste of alcohol, but want to pick up a bottle of wine for a weekend with my boyfriend. I don't want to get something I can't tolerate (like the ones I've gotten other times), and I don't want something very expensive. I can deal with mixed drinks--I drink vodka with juice sometimes. When I can taste the alcohol, though, it just makes me sick to my stomach. Any suggestions for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would go with a moscato if I were you. Moscato is a very sweet white wine, masks the alcohol very well.

You want to avoid "dry" and "semi-dry" wines. Those are more bitter and not as sweet, which I personally dig. But for you, go with a moscato.

Don't worry about the winery or the brand so much. Any wine with "moscato" on the bottle will do the trick! :)

I have tried Pink Moscato. It was the cheap Barefoot brand--like only 6 bucks. I didn't like it, though. It still tasted too much like alcohol to me. Maybe I'm just a wimp! Lol.

@mooky06 Neither do I... too sweet for me personally. But the OP wants to mask the alcohol taste as much as possible, and sweetness is the best way to do that. :-D

Yeah just taste like drinking sugar >.<

Most Helpful Girl

• I know what you mean! I'm not too big of a drinker, so I always just mix my drinks too. I always just get sweeter stuff and mix it maybe 25% alcohol and 75% juice. It helps tone down the tastes a lot.

What Guys Said 8

• Some light color wine. Stay away from dark stuff like red wine. You could try to mix it with sprite to make a 'Wine Cooler'. Or a spritzer it is sometimes called.

• Its called grape juice.

• Try a Riesling. They're dry and a bit on the sweet side.

Your vodka and juice must be 99% juice and 1% vodka.

There was a decent amount of vodka. It's that really sweet V8 Splash that I drink it with, though.

• I think non-alcoholics would do

• grape juice?

• You could just buy non-alcoholic wine.

• I would just do champagne, or even a spritzer. The carbonation will kind of dilute the alcohol

• If you don't like wine, why are you drinking it?

She wants to get a bottle of wine with her boyfriend, because he likes wine, and wants to get a wine that she is probable to like so they can enjoy it together. Not hard to understand.

@Prof_Don Thanks for answering this! So many people just don't seem to get it lol

unfortunately some people are way to dense and simple-minded to understand life's complexities and shades of gray

What Girls Said 7

• Try White Wine, @bethhh29
    More like a Flat Taste. Gives you a nice Feeling than Reeling from other Drinks such as Champagne, which You will Get Buzzed real quick, it tastes Fizzy and Funky and in the Morn, a Bad Headache.
    Good luck and Have Fun, hun. xx

• Gancia Moscato, it's very sweet and inexpensive. I pay 13$ a bottle.

Whatever you do stay away from the Barefoot brand, it's cheap, disgusting and will give you a headache.

• Moscato

• Juice lol

• Rice wine/Rice punch. Or a mixer

• Grape juice

• Baricada Mojito or McFinny Raspberry. Both are classified as "Aromatic wine".