Trying to eat healthy on a budget?

What are some meals and snacks that are healthy (non-GMO, gluten-free, organic) that won't murder my bank account?

Most Helpful Guy

• My favorite cheap meal is rice with scrabble eggs on top, add soy sauce and maybe Asian hot sauce. I learned it from some Islanders

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to eat cheaply you need to get rid of that organic idea. Regular chicken is a$1.99 a pound. Organic is what? $4.99 on a good day?

Regular broccoli is $.99 a pound. Organic is $2.49 a pound.

You're better off eating regular food and mixing in a good balance of fruits, meats, veggies, and whatever else you feel like eating rather than restricting yourself to the few organic things you can afford. Save organic for a treat or buy them only on sale. Mother's Cereal is organic and usually runs 3 for 5.

What Guys Said 9

• Unless you are gluten intolerant, removing it from your diet will have no positive effect.
    The other two jack up the price simply by being on the label, and when people see it they immediately think it's good for them even though they don't know why.

• Buy in bulk.
    Bananas, dates, nuts, chia seeds, hemp seeds, oats, rice, buckwheat,
    veggies etc.

LARABARS are pretty good, but if you wanna save some extra money then you can make your own fairly easily.

If you buy simple foods, it'll be a simple low cost.

• Healthy meals like lunches. You can get an already cooked rotisary chicken and make qinoa or rice and sweetpotatoe. That's cheap and healthy. Snacks you can make kale chips

• corn, I can only eat it.

• Salad. Maybe sautee up some chicken breast on it.

• All fresh fruits and vegetables, rice cakes and rice crackers. Rice noodles are inexpensive and quite versatile.

• Frozen veggies

• hard to find true traditional, non gmo plants and seeds today. most are altered.

• As the cost of living goes up, inflation will continue to happen. There's no going around cheap food. Ice cream is at least $5 a gallon. Can you believe that? $5 That's more than a gallon of gas

Milk is more than gasoline... why would ice cream not be?

I guess if you're broke and/or making minimum wage it's "extremely expensive". But if you're an adult it's not.

No, it's just expensive in general

What Girls Said 4

• protein shakes are very healthy

• Nuts such as cashew and almond nuts are full of mineral and nutrients. No salt added too if you heat them yourself or buy unsalted onesXD

• 365 brand is everywhere and affordable! Also if you go to trader joes it's cheap. Not sure if you have that where you live. Fruits and vegetables are most important, then it depends on what food you like. There are a lot of foods that are Organic, GMO and gluten free.

• I eat like a bird but I am very healthy.
    Low cal meals
    Salads
    Low cal peanut butter (protein)
    FF cottage cheese
    Chicken
    Fruit
    Cereal