What's your favourite salmon glaze or marinade?

I bought fresh salmon filets for dinner and can't decide how I'd like to cook them.

• Maple
  • Brown sugar and mustard
  • Lemon butter and herb
  • Honey mustard
  • Maple and mustard
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I just cure them for a few hours with a mixture of kosher salt & brown sugar. After curing brush any visible salt and sugar if any present and grill on a doubled over piece of foil or on a cedar plank over medium high heat, season with lemon and dill if desired. Don not over cook.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally like a little brown butter with lemon, dill and a few chopped capers.

What Guys Said 6

• i actually just like a little drizzle of bbq sauce. otherwise just lemon and pepper is good for me

• Lemon butter and herb is my fav.

Crisp the skin right up with a torch if you have one or over a really hot pan, but be careful not to overcook the fish it should just be warmed through.

• maple and Mustard

• Maple for suuuure! Soy sauce and brown sugar is good too.

• Caribbean Jerk! You have to let the fillets soak in the marinade for at least 4 hours. Then bake (not pan fry lol) at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Turn and another 12.. No extra seasoning required.

Is that similar to jerk chicken? I live jerk chicken but I'm not sure I'd want such an overpowering flavour.

Then cut the marinade time down to an hour.. Or you could pour the marinade over after, but as cook for 20+ years, I cannot recommend that lol

• I had salmon in a can last night and it was full of bones. Super gross.

What Girls Said 5

• I use champagne dressing as a marinade with lemon juice and black pepper.

• Lemon butter & some herbs.

• Lemon butter and herb. Anything herbal on savory food is great.

• They all sound sorta gross and sweet tbh... I prefer Japanese 'Kupi' mayonnaise on my salmon.

• Haven't tried anything.