What's your favourite salmon glaze or marinade?

I bought fresh salmon filets for dinner and can't decide how I'd like to cook them.

• Maple
    0% (0)7% (1)3% (1)Vote
  • Brown sugar and mustard
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Lemon butter and herb
    73% (11)29% (4)52% (15)Vote
  • Honey mustard
    0% (0)14% (2)7% (2)Vote
  • Maple and mustard
    0% (0)7% (1)3% (1)Vote
  • Other
    27% (4)43% (6)35% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
6|7

Most Helpful Guy

• I just cure them for a few hours with a mixture of kosher salt & brown sugar. After curing brush any visible salt and sugar if any present and grill on a doubled over piece of foil or on a cedar plank over medium high heat, season with lemon and dill if desired. Don not over cook.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally like a little brown butter with lemon, dill and a few chopped capers.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• i actually just like a little drizzle of bbq sauce. otherwise just lemon and pepper is good for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Lemon butter and herb is my fav.

Crisp the skin right up with a torch if you have one or over a really hot pan, but be careful not to overcook the fish it should just be warmed through.

1|0
    0|0
  • maple and Mustard

1|0
    0|0
  • Maple for suuuure! Soy sauce and brown sugar is good too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Caribbean Jerk! You have to let the fillets soak in the marinade for at least 4 hours. Then bake (not pan fry lol) at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Turn and another 12.. No extra seasoning required.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Is that similar to jerk chicken? I live jerk chicken but I'm not sure I'd want such an overpowering flavour.

• 1mo

Then cut the marinade time down to an hour.. Or you could pour the marinade over after, but as cook for 20+ years, I cannot recommend that lol

• I had salmon in a can last night and it was full of bones. Super gross.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I use champagne dressing as a marinade with lemon juice and black pepper.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lemon butter & some herbs.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lemon butter and herb. Anything herbal on savory food is great.

1|0
    0|0
  • They all sound sorta gross and sweet tbh... I prefer Japanese 'Kupi' mayonnaise on my salmon.

0|0
    1|0
  • Haven't tried anything.

0|0
    0|0