Anyone else get cramps, upset stomach, and a runny nose from eating lamb?

I ate lamb for the 1st time last night... i think my stomach can't handle it.. or maybe I am catching a cold.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lamb meat is usually very healthy to eat. it is often eaten unprocessed , but cured ( smoked and salted ). Being red meat , it contains protein and fat. It is rich in iron so it can cure anemia problems. But eating it every day or eating too much of it can can cause bad health problems. Eating too much of it can cause cardio vascular and cholesterol problems. Lamb meat contains purines Due to fat content people may suffer from kidney stones or gout as the body is unable to filter out the purines. It these are bad bacteria in the gout , it may result in cramps or stomach problems. Hot spices used for cooking may cause the running nose problems Usually lamb meat is good for normal healthy people.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• think it may have had to do with the way it was seasoned. perhaps you are allergic to some ingredient used in the preparation.

people don't usually have allergic type reactions to meat unless you have a similar reaction to all meats

• sounds like your allergic to it, but not sure tho

• I quite enjoy lamb, especially with mint sauce or mint jelly. It has to be cook right and this will vary according to the cut. A rack of lamb or individually that would be a rib chop should be cooked medium rare. Whole leg of lamb on the other hand needs to be cooked long and slow to a point where you can pull it from the bone with a fork. The leg has three main muscle groups that intertwine with the grain going in different direction making it hard to cut against the grain. I've never had the symptoms you mention but I do have some friends that avoid lamb due to getting similar symptoms to those you mention when they eat lamb.

• You could be allergic

• Sounds like you may be allergic to something in the lamb

• I got super sick from eating lamb one time. That's the only time though. I had lamb last weekend and it was fine... poor little sheep!

• No I don't eat lamb.

What Girls Said 2

• nope but my eyes used to get a bit itchy

• Ummm I think you have food poisoning