Is it that bad if someone doesn't care for cooking?

I hate cooking. It drives me bonkers. I'm not bad and I can make some decent food but I honestly hate cooking. I make some pretty basic stuff but I don't try more complicated recipes. I don't have the patience for it. People give me s*** for it but I didn't think it's a big deal as long as I get fed.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont hate jt, it just takes forever, so I cook in huge batches at one go... repetitive but it tastes good and im sure as shit not spending 2+ hours a day in the kitchen to feed myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think knowing the basics of cooking is important but it's not a big deal if you don't enjoy cooking or don't want to cook all the time. If someone gives you a hard time for it, just tell them to mind their own business.

What Guys Said 9

• I agree with you, if you're fed it doesn't matter.

• Some people like it and some don't - No problem

• cooking is a chore but also the only way to be sure you aren't eating crap... its your choice. perhaps you need to find a partner who does like to cook good healthy well balanced food or pay a chef

• No. It's not a huge deal. If you're dirty like nasty it's a bigger deal. Just cook a little bit. Microwave it if you need to.

• You sound like my Mom growing up. Two week rotation of the same food of whatever could be made in 30 minutes or less. Mac & Cheese was her speciality along with Meatloaf that required draining half the grease in the pan before eating.

• It's not bad, but cooking is a good skill to develop.

• Yes they deserve the electric chair.

• It is "that bad".

• Yeah, well, even my dad, who's 59, is getting tired of making his infamous spaghetti sauce. He's 59

What Girls Said 9

• That's not bad. You might starve for a while, but it's not bad. I literally cannot make Mac and Cheese just because I do something wrong every time (drop noodles on floor, use cinnamon butter, put everything in the boiling pot, spill boiling water, add too much/little of butter) and that's coming right out of the box! I just hate cooking because I can't do it. I can make deserts because I try extra hard to get those right.

• I don't like cooking either, so I just buy cook-do and make super simple things. I'm afraid of fire so I have an electric, I'm afraid of knives and the plastic ones look less dangerous so I use those - even though they're not, they just look less terrifying lol

• As long as you can survive nevertheless who cares? :P
    I hate cooking, too, and when I told my friends first they kept joking about that's how I stayed skinny lol they all got over it eventually

• I think it's fine to not enjoy it as long as you get sustenance and enough vitamins and all of that.

• i love cooking haha

• no it's not

• I agree with you 100% and I'm the same

• I love to cook, but there's nothing wrong with not liking to cook.

• As long as you know how to feed yourself then who cares?