Is peanut butter bad for health?

is it bad or good for health?

• bad
  • good

Most Helpful Guy

• The answer depends on the brand, your state of health, and whether you are observing any dietary restrictions.

Most peanut butter is very high in fat content. Most peanut butter does not contain cholesterol or carbohydrates, but some do, especially the reduced fat varieties. If you are following a low carb diet, peanut butter that has no carbs is great, despite the high fat content. If you have diverticular syndrome and have bouts of diverticulitis, some physicians recommend that you avoid eating nuts and seeds, but this recommendation is controversial.

But peanut butter has more unsaturated fats than saturated. Fat content in this case really doesn't matter.

I agree, but diverticulitis is really only of concern in elders, not so much during youth.
      I would also recommend anyone to use "natural" peanut butter rather than the norm.

@Vertical807 "Elders" to you. Mayo Clinic says diverticulitis becomes a concern around age 40. That's young, son! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's quite fattening.

What Guys Said 8

• very good if it doesn't have added sugar

i have with sugar and salt now

im sure you have misconceptions of my country
      and i dont say anything about ur country. simple rule if u dont know somth - u better keep ur mouth closed, and dont tell anyones question is stupid, just cuz u have lack of information!

if i dont know something i will ask about it which is what i did and what all people do if they want to learn. have no idea why you flipped. asking stuff is kinda the whole point of this site

• If its real peanut butter, without added sugar, then its not bad

• Athlete buddy's dad is a doc and thinks it to be the perfect food for our team

• Peanut butter is great.

• no its good for your health. peanuts are nuts which are generally good for your health.

• No it's actually very healthy, but "too much" is never good.

• good

• its very fatty, lots of calories
    everyone that voted good have no idea how food works and are either very active sporters or obese :D

i would suggest you look up fats vs sugar before you suggest we are all wrong

and all that because i said your peanut butter is different to mine! lmao

i apologise for trying to inform you of an alternatve view.. please feel free to think what the hell you like and im sorry you seem bereft of a sense of humour along with your inability to discuss a subject. i won't bother you again here though with you being anon i can't promise i won't disagree with you in the future on another subject

What Girls Said 9

• It's fine for you in moderate amounts.

• It is good for you in moderation

• good but bad if taken too much

• Everything excessive is bad for health

• Bad for me 😂

• I think it's good

• I guess it depends on the type? If it's loaded with sugar them it's obviously not good for you

• It's not bad in small amounts, I can't eat it because I get full of zits lol

• Protein Enriched.
    Reduced though is better to keep your weight down.

*Good survival food.

Someday when there is a crisis, u will be wishing u had that jar.

Stock up, folks!!