Sober up quickly?

I'm going to a party Saturday and I'm going to be drinking. I have to be home by 11:30 and I don't want to seem intoxicated when I get home as my parents might notice. Any tips on how to sober up fast?

Most Helpful Girl

• Best time of all: DONT DRINK!!! Your underage and will end up in the slammer if your caught.

Also it's physically impossible. There's not any way

Most Helpful Guy

• Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here we go:

Alcohol metabolizes at a constant rate.

It's one drink per hour. Now there's a lot more that goes into that. You won't be drunk off of one drink. But you aren't just doing one drink, are you? Probably not. So let's go through a scenario.

You go to the party at 7PM. You start out by downing 4 shots of 70 proof liquor in the first 15 minutes. An hour later, you down 4 more. You're 8 drinks deep now in 2 hours. Your BAC will be at or near 0.08 at this point; you'll be showing signs of intoxication. Suppose you can stop at this point. It'll take 8 hours, roughly, for you to be totally sober at this point. But let's say you don't. You push the envelope and do 5 more shots on a dare an hour later, and 5 more before you go. You're now going to be around 0.14; your speech will be slurred, you'll probably stagger a little. You'll show clear impairment.

The best thing to do is not drink, especially when you're underage. But if you do choose to do it, do it like a responsible adult would. 1 drink per hour.

What Girls Said 2

• If you're still at that point where you have a curfew and you have to sneak past your parents, just don't drink. Lmfao.
    QED.

• Eat something greasy, something sweet and Gatorade. No alcohol in the world can beat that

What Guys Said 8

• Most other people have said this but let me reiterate: sobering up quickly is not a thing that happen. For anyone. Nothing "soaks up" alcohol, nothing clears your head or makes you more alert. There are only things that make you feel like you're sober; everyone else can still tell you're trashed.

• Drink loads of water

• Don't be dumb by drinking is a great way to seem sober.

• Your metabolism controls how quickly your body processes alcohol. Best bet is to stop drinking a couple of hours before you go home. Don't drink & drive.

• why would we share that secret, it took me a lifetime of research

• Don't drink

• You can't.

• You can't. Because that is physical impossibility.