What does tofu taste like?

Most Helpful Guy

• That depends on how it is prepared.

In the Philippines, we have a snack called "Taho" (Tah-HO"), composed of the very soft type of tofu, syrup, and chewy tapioca. While I have tried to replicate it in the U. S. (and failed), it is utterly delicious.
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../1024px-Taho2.jpg

Cooked also in Japanese "Sukiyaki",...
    s17-us2.ixquick.com/.../serveimage
    Chinese Twice Cooked Tofu,...
    s16-us2.ixquick.com/.../serveimage
    or simply fired and eaten with soy sauce and wasabi...
    www.seriouseats.com/.../...umb-625xauto-172974.jpg

It absorbs whatever flavor it is cooked with. With different cooking methods, you can get different textures. Whatever way it is cooked (if cooked correctly), it tastes awesome.

You can look for taiwanese food shop maybe there is Taho.

@ibodi While I (so far as I know) there is no Taiwanese store in my region, I have been able to find an equivalent in this huge Chinese market 10 min.'s from my home.

It's not the same: The tapioca is HUGE (the size for bubble tea) and the syrup isn't as dark or thick, but it still tastes awesome!

What Guys Said 9

• I think it is terrible but that is just my personal opinion.

• Depends entirely on how you cook it and how you season it. It absorbs the flavor of whatever you're cooking it with

• Like dry sponge

• Tofu by itself has no flavour at all. If you cook it with other food it acts like a sponge and soaks up the flavours of the other food your cooking it with.

• like nothing... you have to do stuff to it to make a taste

• Whatever you cook with it.

• Like tofu.

• I uused tO ththe people said
    Toad food not tofu

• Taste like wet spongy cheesy meat.

What Girls Said 11

• Like weird flavorless semi gone bad cheese/cream... they say it's healthy and I only had it once and that's what I think i remember it tasting like... :/

• I always wondered but I can't get past the texture. 😷

• Everyone says it tastes like anything you bake, fry, cook it with.
    It has no taste on its own.

• Depends how you season it and cook it. Season it with tacos after drying it out properly and crumbling it like ground beef it'll tast like a taco

• I would like to know as well..

• It tastes like whatever you cook it with. And it kinda has the texture of scrambled eggs.

• I don't know but I wanna try it

• Like nothing it's just spongy

• it really depends on what spices and herbs you use with it. I made tofu stir-fry with cayenne pepper, garlic salt, oregano, basil, and sesame seeds and it turned out fantastic. If you cook it without anything then it tastes bland.

• Sweet

• like spongy ricotta cheese, it barely has a taste