Has drinking coffee even done anything bad to you? Or maybe your stomach or something else inside your body? Have you had to stop drinking it?

I only started drinking coffee when I was close to turning 28. Never cared about it before and tried it, liked it, then I think it screwed me up inside... maybe.

Has anyone else had that? I quit a long time ago, and quit drinking pop maybe 5 months ago. Not that all sugar is out of my diet.

Most Helpful Girl

• Drink occasionally is fine. I won't recommend you to drink everyday because you'll get addicted. And overtime it will have side effects. My mum is a very good example. She will feel uncomfortable and tired if she doesn't drink. Drinking coffee will build up tolerance in your body. What do I mean by that? If you drink one cup of coffee per day, as time goes by, you will feel that you need more than one cup of coffee (to keep awake, for example). And then you will increase to 3 cups, 4, 5, and so on.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was a heavy coffee drinker when I was in my early teens. However, I got sick of it, so I stopped suddenly.

But, I'm convinced that it stunted my growth. My father and uncles are all over six feet tall, and I'm a measly 5'6".

What Girls Said 17

• I'm drinking coffee since 15. There was a period when I was feeling my heard beating quickly, pain in the chest and slight trembling. I went to a doctor thinking there might be something wrong with my heart, but it was fine. It was because I got very anxious and I drank 4-5 heavy coffees a day. Now, I usually drink 2-3 and they are light. I think people who have heart problems, blood pressure, anxiety or insomnia, or are very agitated, should avoid coffee. However, if you are a healthy adult, have it in normal doses without many stuff added to it, it can boost energy and aid weight loss. I also heard that artificial sweeteners are not good for the body.

• Yeah when I had too much coffee at one time it made me dizzy and feel sick and made me shake and made me have really crazy thoughts. I felt like I was losing it

• I started drinking coffee when I was 14. So I've been drinking coffee for years and I'm quite use to it. If you just started to drink coffee, you're body won't be use to it (causing stomach cramp/pains and even headaches).

• Yeah, I used to drink coffee religiously every morning. I stopped after a certain event because I was barely getting any sleep. I still don't get much, but compared to then, I get a ton more. Sometimes I have it, but I don't get crazy. The last time I drank some was maybe two months ago.

• I used to love coffee then I drank McDonalds lattes every single day for 10 days in a row and now I usually get bad breath when I drink strong coffee. I still drink it but I drink mild and I drink smaller portions of coffee then before and I also avoid brands that dehydrate you like starbucks etc...

• a long time ago, it made my heart beat really fast, and i get a terrible headache if I don't drink some everyday, but otherwise, it hasn't done anything harmful to me

• it makes my hands tremble. that's pretty much it. i have coffee in low doses these days.

• Booze is worse. I got a hangover and I felt very lightheaded and I started getting psychosis.

• Sometimes coffee will mess with my stomach if I stop drinking it for a while but not too bad

• hypersensitivity to caffeine related to tachycardia

• No lol I love caffeine 😂

• I don't drink coffee.
    The two times I've tried it hurt my stomach.

• never do coffee and cigerettes it kills you. Usually causes a stroke or clogged arteries in ur heart or other heart problems. so unhealthy

• I think it gives me headaches. I've noticed this a few times after drinking this

• I hate coffee so don't know

• When I first had coffee at age 12 I hated it because it gave me a stomach ache and didn't taste sweet. Coffee tends to give people a stomach ache the first time.

Started drinking it at 15. Didn't really have any problems. My senior year of high school (17 years old), I was actually taking a full time college schedule and had a crazy stressful life due to that and family problems. I rarely slept (the most was 4 hours a night of broken sleep) and always felt exhausted so I started drinking way too much. I drank like 6 cups of VERY strong coffee a day. With cream and sugar. While life stressors probably added to these symptoms, I began experiencing massive anxiety, stomach cramps, loss of appetite for long periods of time accompanied by bursts of MASSIVE hunger, mouth sores from too much caffeine, weird.. bodily movements..., constant thirst from dehydration, shaking, and my vision was getting funky. When I got out of that situation and reduced my coffee intake to 1-2 cups of mild coffee all these symptoms went away.

Coffee is perfectly healthy in small amounts. But, like any food or beverage, too much has very negative health effects.

• I drank it once and it made me poop...

What Guys Said 9

• Same as you, never really cared for coffee until I was about 29. I have about 2 coffee's a day. The only thing, if I have Tim's Hortons every day, I get acid reflux after a week or so, but McDonalds never have a problem.

• If I drink more than 3 large coffees before noon, I get irregular heartbeats. I thought I was dying until the doc told me to cut down on my caffeine.

• No.. it might be cause of the milk they add in your coffee. Milks have an acid called "lactose" and some people have problem with it, cause it disturbs their stomach. Maybe that is your problem, try to order a coffee without lactose milk next time or buy yourself from a market.

• It is okay in moderation - 1 or 2 mugs a day - Getting rid of the soda is a good move though

• Sugared coffee is only marginally better than pop. Real men like our coffee the way we like our women - bitter, hot, strong, and black.

• Nah not really black coffee is actually extremely healthy for you.

It can give you a stomach ache though if your not used to it.

• There can be link where coffee and the caffeine in it can make you sick.

• I don't drink it often.

• yes, anything with caffeine makes me feel paranoid.