Do you have a "normal" time for having dinner?

Do you have a My girlfriend is a brilliant woman but sometimes, she is unintentionally a little bit arrogant. We were talking about a dinner that we had with my mom and step-dad. We ate at 6:00 pm, which is their normal dinner time. My mom is 85 and step-dad is 86; people that old generally like to follow routines and they always have dinner at 6:00 pm. My girlfriend commented that it was an extremely early time to have dinner and I disagreed with her. Girlfriend usually eats later - like 8:00 or 9:00 pm - and she thinks that is a normal dinner time because that is when she and most of her acquaintances have dinner (that is the unintentional arrogance; she is not a snobby or haughty person.) I told her that just because she does something a particular way does not mean that most people do it the same as her. So. . .

Of course, circumstances can cause you to vary from a routine, so I am not asking if you eat dinner at the same time every day. I am asking whether you have a time when you usually try to have dinner, such as "not later than 7:00 pm."

• There is no pattern to my usual dinner time.
  • I usually have dinner not later than 5:00 pm
  • I usually have dinner not later than 6:00 pm
  • I usually have dinner not later than 7:00 pm
  • I usually have dinner not later than 8:00 pm
  • I usually have dinner not later than 9:00 pm
  • I usually do not eat dinner

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually eat around 8 or 9. Growing up we ate around 7 because my parents didn't even get home from work until 6-6:30. My grandparents eat between 5 and 6, though and if we are eating with them, I respect that. You have to be flexible if you are eating at someone else's house or going out to eat with them.

Most Helpful Guy

• No pattern, I know people who eat at 8 or 9 though AKA my cousins and I'm not looking forward to dinner at the week of Thanksgiving for that and it just messes with me and my eating habits due to my meds

What Girls Said 26

• No, I have very sporadic eating habits. The times when I eat meals varies daily. Sometimes I eat dinner at 5pm and other times I don't eat dinner until 8pm.

• I always Take a Tray and just Eat... Anytime on my Bed, @OlderandWiser.
    "A" for Anytime.
    Good luck and Great Eating. I saw This "Friends" while I was Munching one nite. xx

• We typically eat between 6 and 7, depending what time we get home and what we decide to have. Sometimes we don't eat til 7 or 8 but that's not typical.

• Being a busy college student, dinner for me ranges anywhere from 4:30 p. m. to 10:30 p. m. So there's no pattern

• When I lived with my parents, dinner was always at 5:30. Now that I have lived on my own, I try my best to just remember to eat.

• Any time between 6 and 8, generally. Depends how much work I have to do after work 😕

• Hmm, usually it's about 5-7. But I always sneak back for extras :3

• No pattern if it's just us - if we're having people over it's always at 6.30-7pm

• I don't but my grand father does and he is extremly punctual when it comes to this sort of thing.

• in my country, dinner is usually made around 9 and 10 :D

• Between 6-8.

• I think some time in the afternoon is best.

• I usually dinner between 19:00 and 20:00

• around 6-7pm is when we eat dinner here

• I eat dinner at 4 PM lol.

• no pattern

• Nope. I eat at 6:30 sometimes earlier

• My dinner usually happens between 5-6.

• 18:50-19:30 is my dinner time

• I voted C. But I'll eat between 4-6.

• Wow.
    As a kid dinner was always around 4pm, lmao.
    Now it's either super late or I just skip it.

• Dinner is usually made around 7 or 8.

• I don't have a set time for dinner. It all depends on how many tricks I have and if any of them want a GFE which would include dinner. I normally try to eat dinner between 6 and 7 but if I can turn a trick I will eat later.

• I just eat when I'm hungry. It varies from like 5 pm to 10pm!

• why does it make her arrogant for stating her opinion?

• 24d

It is arrogant for her to state that "normal people eat dinner at 9:00 pm and later based solely on the fact that she and her friends eat dinner at that time. She sees whatever she does as normal but she has a very limited exposure to other segments of our society. I was raised by lower middle class parents, I have spent years among rednecks in rural areas, and I have also dined with state government leaders, supreme court justices, etc.

• I used to be so random with it being so busy all the time, it could be as late as 1am, but new schedules, new routines, I rather enjoy eating by 7pm. I think I've now trained myself to be hungry then, and eat then.

What Guys Said 17

• I've eaten dinner at 7pm... and I've also eaten dinner at 12am, 1am, 2am, 3am and 4am in the morning. Whenever im hungry is when i eat. No such thing as breakfast lunch or dinner to me.

• Where's the option for Spanish people? xD
    I usually eat dinner around 10pm.

• It's about 7pm most times now that I'm staying with my stepdad, before that when I was married I either ate later if it was in the microwave or nothing

• I usually have dinner at 5.30 pm

• I'm really weird I combine lunch and dinner eat around 2-3pm I only have a snack if anything for the rest of the day.

• Usually around 8 but it changes quit often depending on my schedule my grandparents would have dinner at 4 which was way to early for me

• I eat when I feel like it, not because the clock tells me to me.

• I have all of my meals offset by one time slot. I wake up, go to classes, have breakfast around noon, more classes, lunch a 5, and then dinner between 10 pm and 1 am.

• Eating happens when it can be accommodated between other commitments in my schedule.

• I am middle eastern so no :D its usually at 7-9 at night.

• it's random. But I do eat throughout the day in 4 hour intervals at longest.

• I eat dinner around 6:30. I'm not a European I couldn't last till 8 or 9 without eating.

• I prefer it right around 8pm when the TV shows come on.

• I have a pattern but only on workdays cuz of a show I watch.

• Amy time between 8 and 10 but mostly 8:30-9:00.

• Sometimes 7pm... sometimes 2am

• Less then a hour after I get off work