Do you remember a meal your mom use to make when you was little that still till this day you enjoy?

I remember my mom would make fried Pork Chops with potato salad and tomatoes slices on the side. It was so yummy still till this day I enjoy it and make it myself once in a while.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• My Mother's Steak and Kidney pie is amazing

• I wouldn't say it's a meal, but more of a side dish, my mom makes the best mash potatos and gravy from scratch, they are so good! Mmmmmmm... Thanksgiving is almost here so I can't wait

Mmmmmmm yummy!
      Can't wait for all the good food on Thanksgiving

• Only french fries.

• wait your mom cooked for you?

• No. my mom was not a good cook.

Sad face

@RicanEyes
      Not so bad. I didn't miss what I didn't know. I'm quite good now myself. I've learned that those little hob settings between off and simmer on the one side and max on the other can be actually useful. In looking for better, I've learned to appreciate a wide variety of cuisines and do a fair bit of fusion. If mam had been any better I might still be in the gammon, potatoes and mash rut.

That's understandable :-)

• Alu Paratha ( Potato Bread/tortilla like thing)
    She stills cooks it today. 😊😊😊

• Sounds Delishious! Love pork chops

I have to say my mom still to this day makes me fried eggs with chopped potatoes and refried beans as she did when I was probably four years old 😀

• I still live at home

• Yeah, i agree i like fried pork chops and potato salad yum <3

• My dad was the one always cooking

Thumbs up for your dad my dad use to make the best tacos. But there was one problem he made it so much that I got sick of them HATE tacos now.

• Yes eggs a-la-golden rod.

• meatloaf mozzarella

• No I do not

What Girls Said 20

• Ah, Yes, Cousin @RicanEyes... Fried Pork Chops.
    I still Recall and All, My Mom Making These to Please Pork Chops, and Boiling up Potatoes with Skins. She also Used to, and Still does, Make Her own Special Sort of Sassy Salad Dressing, her own Invention, she Calls, "Russian Dressing," with Mayo, Ketchup and Little dice of onion.
    Mmmmm, now I am Hungry, However, am I being too "Politically Correct or even Incorrect" With the No "Rant" "Russian" Word?
    Good luck and Great question. xxoo

• 1|0
  • Nigerian stew! My Uncle is from Africa and he gave her the recipe when I was like 9 or 10 years old and I loooooooooove it.

But of her original recipes, it's definitely mommy's mac 'n cheese!

I'm from Nigeria and I really like the stew here too, especially with bread XD! Have you tried Jollof rice before?

right? African food is usually very good.

Love mac and cheese

• Milk rice
    Rice+milk+pinch of salt

Milk roti (flat bread)

Mashed flatbread in milk with little sugar.

I used to have it when I was like between 6 month-1.5 years

• Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls... comfort food all the way!

• congee... sounds basic but it reminds me of when i was a kid and i still love it on a cold morning with a little salt fish in it.

• Grilled cheese sandwich😃 still my go to know matter where I am or who I'm with lol.

• My moms a really good baker and I still love her cakes and pies she makes.

I am a baker there is nothing like home baked goods.

That's so great! It's never work if you get paid to do something you love. 💟

I totally agree! :-)

• Rice pudding when I was sick 💗

• We used to make tomales for everyone. My favorite were the salsa verde with monterey jack cheese. I unfortunately can't eat these anymore for reasons, but they were always so delicious, and the masa was perfect.

• Homemade Mac n' cheese with little hotdogs in them and homemade sweet tea

• broccoli casserole and deviled eggs.

• The macaroni and cheese will never get old

• Ahh breast milk

• Saltfish fritters

• My mom was a okay cook, but my Grandma was a goddess in the kitchen. The way she used to make ramen was the most amazing thing ever 😀

• Yep. It's an African dish and I don't know what you'd even call it in English lol.

• Sausage Casserole, the finest and best in the world.

• Cottage pie

• I remember my grandmother would make a lots of different food to me, but she gone last year