How do you feel about organic food?

How do you feel about organic food?Do you like it better than other grown food? Do you prefer how they make it compared to other food?

or what?

26d How do you feel about how they treat their animals vs others who usually use factory farms?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not going to pay a lot more for organic food. But if it's a bit more expensive, sure, I would.
    One day, I want to be sustainable... and it would be organic. But at the moment, organic isn't something I'm taking great strives to put into my diet.

• 26d

How do you feel about how they treat their animals vs others who usually use factory farms?

• 25d

thanks for mho! :)

• 24d

I don't even believe its organic... its just labelled "Organic" just to hike the price up. You want organic, do it yourself is what i say.

What Girls Said 25

• I prefer home grown and you make your own little farm/garden with a greenhouse and produce your own food. A lot of times so called organic is not really organic, and its filled with pesticides and other chemicals that is toxic to your body, cause cancer and other diseases, or may make you prone to catching them. Yes, its expansive, but its better and healthier for your body. Why do you think they sell you garbage for less? Because its whats going to make you sick faster. In a since I do care, because I believe in not eating certain foods. But at the same time you need the protein, vitamins and nutrients the animals provide. How they treat the animals is just as important because you can get sick behind the animal that could have already been sick or killed inhumanely.

An example is chicken or turkey. The darker looking and more yellow they look, the unhealthy it is and how badly they were scared and battered when they were killed.

• Organic is basically almost a MUST in Sweden, every time I go there everyone's obsessed with it lol, even my grandma who can barely afford it buys it anyway.
    So I've tried a good handful of it. Overall I know its safer than regular foods on the supermarkets due to less pesticides and such. I personally find organic food to taste better than non organic, especially when it comes to spinach (I eat a lot of every day) and also things like strawberries. Non organic strawberries to me often taste a bit chemical in a way. But those two I definitely almost always buy organic here in the UK.

So yes I do prefer organic but sadly its so expensive.

• I support organic food, and I would buy it more often if I could afford it and if they lowered the price but, really, I don't mind eating non-organic food. You just have to wash it. Although, there are some foods I would get organic: like apples. Apples require so much pesticide use because they are extremely prone to bugs, and the amount of pesticides used in apples caused the pesticides to get absorbed in the skin so, if you're going to buy non-organic apples, at least peel them first.

I know this stuff. I'm a geneticist and I study this stuff.

• 25d

Actually the poison is through out the entire product because chemicals/water go into the roots.

• Meh, food is food. Unless it's something toxic that will kill kill me in seconds, what's the point on eating healthier? We're all going to die, and no one knows if old age will take me after years of "poor" health, or if a plane crashes and takes me down with it after years of "good" health. I say enjoy myself, forget "good health"!

• 26d

• 26d

Now that, I DO agree with. In oder to have organic meat, the animals have to be kept natural, which means more natural enclosures.

• It's great. More men should eat Organic.

isitfunnyoroffensive.com/.../...der-27-300x296.jpg

• I enjoy eating organic food. I wish it was more affordable though. It's quite expensive and if people had the opportunity to buy organic food, it's there as a better option.

It's better in terms of taste, and how it's grown. I have my own vegetable garden and I grow a lot of greens and herbs. I'm going to start planting snake long green beans and mixed salads.

If people had the time and space to have a vegetable/herb garden, I would suggest that being better

• Whenever I'm back home I eat organic food and organic apples <3
    I have a family member who owns farms and agricultural fields in the country and he brings us all this amazing organic fruits and honey etc <3

Here I don't know, sometimes I buy organic, sometimes I don't. I just don't overthink about it.

• It's an innacurate word... All food - because of its original content is organic. If you mean not sprayed or chemically treated produce, that's another thing.
    I prefer it, but it's more expensive and perishes much quicker.

• 25d

Lasts same as coventional, its just not replenished as much at our stores.

• 25d

Well its lasts a while in my fridge (what i buy from store) and also having a nice garden.

• 25d

@jjesica346 I guess it depends on what you mean by a while... I've definitely noticed a difference though.

• If I could actually afford it, I'd probably eat more of it :P

• 26d

• 26d

I suppose it's better but honestly, no meat production is ever humane or really acceptable.

• It's expensive, but good.

• Its a nice idea, but im not really interested in food that was farmed in human waste somewhere in guatemala. Of course the major suppliers are legit, but you just can't trust the supply chain.

• 26d

• 26d

Well, you are now drawing into ethical treatment of animals which covers more ground than organic. Who doesn't want to see improvement? Again, i like the idea but as immature as the organic supply chain is for fruits and vegetables, it's even more so for animals. The organic statement on a package carries very little value for me. When i know a brand and i trust their reputation then i tend to favor that brand, but otherwise if i see anything labeled organic i tend to not trust it to start as i've seen too many issues that challenge the "organic" label on any food.

• It's the only thing I eat. Since I'm vegetarian, my options are quite limited. I like that I live close to a whole foods so it's nice to know where I'm getting my groceries from. I also like farmers market. So much easier and cheaper to shop locally.

• I liked how in places like Egypt and Kenya, organic fruits and veggies are cheap whereas it's expensive here.

• I prefer the taste of organic food way more.

• I would give it a try.

• love it!

• It's healthier and delicious but more expensive.

• i like em

• Up here it's over priced. Nutritionally it's not any better for then the regularly grown food.

• 26d

• 26d

It's not as bad as the eco freaks make it out to be.

• 26d

i disagree... but i leave it there

• out here, it's expensive for what it is
    you're better off growing your own vegetable garden

• Over priced

• It's actually been proven to not have any benefits over regular foods

• 26d

• 26d

Ohh meat... for some reason I thought this was referring to fruits and vegetables. You're right, animals are treated much worse

• I think it costs too much.

• 26d

• 26d

@Toad-1 I hate the factory farming for sure! But organic... I think a lot is hype, so I've heard that the veggies and even meats may not be coming form a factory. The only way you can know , I think, is if you visit the farm yourself. i think even farms who raise animals humanely, still send them off somewhere else to be butchered.

• Don't eat it and it's too expensive

• 26d

• Yes, I prefer organic food.

What Guys Said 21

• of course it's great. it should be the ideal that we eliminate artificial elements to farming and cultivation.

• It tastes better... Especially eggs and meat, the yolk on real good eggs is a deep orange compared to watery yellow on farmed eggs. The meat has a better spread of intramuscular fat which means more flavour and the texture of the meat itself is far better. Organic tomatoes are sweeter and less watery, I could go on.

I always pay the premium for it, it adds at most £20 to my weekly shop which is nothing in the grand scheme of things

• I eat them, my grandfather had a miniature farm in his back yard lol one section had fruit tree's another fruit plants he had wheat and corn growing back there, lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, and other things, chickens to.

We used to grow our own food to we're going to start that back up again as well. And organic is better and taste a whole lot better.

• When I am in the supermarket, I do make a point of buying organic produce. I do think they taste better.

• I prefer organic for environmental reasons, no chemical fertilisers, no pesticides, preservation of biodiversity.
    For some produce I cannot tell the difference tastewise, but for others there is no comparison. Non-organic strawberries taste more like cardboard and carrots are just bland.

• All food is organic.
    But some put a label on it to justify a higher price.

• 26d

• 26d

It's sad but some humans are treated worse in this world.

• Don't buy it probably never will.

• Not bad but pricey

• Everything is organic, LOL

• 26d

• I just call it food

• 26d

• 26d

As long as animal cruelty doesn't take place I'm cool with it. And by cruelty I mean horrible living conditions, physical abuse and brutal killing that isn't quick/clean.

• i love it

• Expensive and taste no different than non organic food.

• 26d

• 26d

It's good knowing that some farm animals had a decent life before going to the great pasture in the sky.

• It's more expensive and not any tastier

• 26d

• Costs WAY too much, lol.

• 26d

• 26d

I don't really think about it, I just eat and don't complain, lol.

• Love the quality, hate the price

• Ofcourse I do.. I just eat organic food.

• I don't think it's any different than inorganic food.

• 26d

• Thats for rich people. I dont have a choice rn, I have to buy modified foods

• 26d

• 26d

Those animals wouldn't have existed if they weren't gonna be used for consumption.
      They only existed to be eaten

• ORGANIC AF

• I'm not really a believer in organic.

• 26d

• 26d

@Toad-1 I don't know but I'm borderline diabetic and can't survive on just salad.

• I really have no idea if its better or not , most grocery stores do carry a lot of it now , its the big thing

• 26d