Cheaper the food, tastier it is?

not that cheaper but you get it right?
from my experience the unhygienic cheap food (snacks) are much tastier than expensive safe from everything food.
i live in India i love indian food. hbu?

Most Helpful Girl

• Agreed with both
    Indian food = A+
    cheaper foods... mmmmm... only a few come to mind but... OK

What Girls Said 6

• When its cheaper, its more highly processed. That's my guess. Think of all the snacks/ junk food/ frozen food that has been manufactured in bulk by factories, the average cost will be lowered thus the cheaper price.

But we can't justify the taste based on the price because the price fluctuates based on the demand. And let's be honest, taste is very subjective.

Restaurants charge a higher price for their food because you don't just pay for the ingredients, but the chef's skills (which took years to master); the fact that they practice safety and hygiene and the ambiance such as restaurant settings and plating. Yes you're paying for the taste and the experience!

I have always been very curious as to how something should "taste so good". If you observe closely and try to understand as a cook/ foodie, you'd realise that it is based on several factors including paring of ingredients, quantity, control of the temperature etc.

• 26d

in general i am asking

• 26d

Used to love cheap foods and had this illusionary feeling that it tasted good, but after imposing a clean diet, couldn't stand the high levels of sugar/ salt and oil content that I could distinctively taste. So cheap foods are not appealing to me anymore.

I love curry though, can't get enough of it. Cheapest curries in India!

• Hmmm. Expensive food can be very tastey. The problem is how much money and effort/time cooking you have to put in. I love fast food, but I also love to cook so, I can make food just as tasty as fast food. The only issue is money for me... #lowerclass

• Not for me. My favorite food is chicken fried steak (yep I know its crazy) and you can only get it at like Texas Roadhouse where it's all expensive.

• tell me about it XD

• Nah i dunno

• No I don't really agree. I don't think the price says much about the taste.

What Guys Said 12

• You're referring to salt and sugar content and you'd be correct; products that are cheap typically do have more salt and sugar, things that humans crave, than expensive healthier counterparts.

• No that's not true cause of dollar tree, but if food if for free it does taste better that is true.

• totally agree with you, its the same in pakistan too

• If you're talking about processed/pre-cooked food yeah.

If you're talking about raw ingredients then more expensive is virtually always nicer. The way an animal was raised before slaughter makes a real difference.

• NO that a LIE

Frootloops is the bomb.

encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images

But

Fruity Spins is sup par.

s3.amazonaws.com/.../...lue-fruit-spins-109462.jpg

• Incorrect generalization. You're tasting the effects of refined sugar

• Usually no

• Snacks are nice but you can get fed up with them pretty quickly.

• No. I hate cheap food. It tastes like garbage.

• Nahh.. look at Turkish Kebab, its expensive but its the best and everyone loves that 😎

• All I know is that Taco Bell is my favorite place to eat. I would prefer that over steak and lobster any day. Mmm.

• Sugar is cheap and makes things taste great.