Is there such thing as too much milk?

Well my housemates are telling me I drink way too much milk in a week. Without sharing any I've managed to drink 13-14 pints in a week so 7.3- 8 liters. I feel fine and have been doing it the last couple of months.
Anyone know of any milk side effects, after all the saying is you much of a good thing is bad.

What Guys Said 16

• Yes there is it makes it much harder for the doctors to get your wisdom teeth out.

• 22d

Isn't that a good thing, don't we want to keep all our teeth unless their rotting or something?

• 22d

It is normally but after you have your wisdom teeth out your going to wish that you drank less milk.
      Yeah that is a good thing. there is no real downside to drinking to much milk.

• Nothing wrong with it at all. I drink about 28 pints (or 56 cups) every week.

I drink it for protein (to build muscle) and for calcium (to hopefully get taller). The thing is though, I drink skim/fat free milk. I don't know what kind you drink, but if its whole, or 2% you've gotta be careful about your calorie intake.

I also hope you are eating other stuff, because milk doesn't provide much iron, sodium, vitamin A or vitamin C.

• www.cbsnews.com/.../
    Too much milk is not healthy at all.

• if its your milk, then no. it also depends on what you are having in it. youy klnow like flavoured milk or the syrup (because has excess sugar in it) but if its normal milk with no additives or flavour enhancers i see no problem with it. milk has calcium and calcium is good for strong bones. straight milk is better than drinking sodas.

• I've been told you much calcium can lead to deposits on your bones. I'd check next time you visit yoy doctor. Even that would take years. It MAY lead to lactose intolerance though.

• You can consume 1 liter of milk daily. There will be no problem. You don't have any lactose tolerance problem. But don't neglect other foods. Have a balanced diet.

• I probably drank just as much chocolate milk at your age and still drink about half that now

• thats nothing lol, I drink about 32 pints a week, or 4 gallons of milk

then again I'm a farm boy its natural lol

• 22d

Wow, that's a lot, is it true that you can only get one pint of milk a day?

• haha side effects are weigh gain but other than that no your fine

• Is milk the only thing you drink?

• 22d

Na there's water, alcohol with fizzy drinks. When I live with my parents I drink a lot more fizzy drinks, which in hindsight is likely to be worst

• 22d

I would try to balance the milk with more water maybe make a couple glasses of milk water instead.

• Don't you get kidney stones if you drink too much?

• Nope. Not in my opinion. Drink skim milk if you're worried.

• I always say you can't never have enough milk

• You are completely fine drinking that much milk. Don't listen to nonsense from people.

• Hmmm, I don't think so. I could be wrong though.

• Damnnn you must have a one hell of a soft mushy poo

What Girls Said 2

• Weight gain. That's it. Milk is good for you, unless you're lactose intolerant like me!

• Milk contains fat, protein, and carbohydrate (seems weird but I did a course) and therefore is an ideal drink for someone who does a lot of excersize as it helps muscle repair, and gives short and long lasting energy bursts. As long as it's not in excess compared to how much energy you are burning a day, and as in all things, it's not in excess, it's not a bad thing! :^) Hope I helped

• 22d

I never knew that I just thought it was made up of calcium a couple of vitamins and fat. Walking is probably the only exercise I do so can't use that excuse lol