What do you think is the most underrated & overrated cuisines and why?

In your opinion what do you think is the most overrated and underrated cuisines and why?

they can be anything European, Asian, African, south/north America etc...

*PLEASE STATE 1 SPRCOFIC NATIONALITY FOR EACH*

For instance I think French is overrated and Vietnamese is underrated

for these reasons why...

What Guys Said 14

• Japanese is vastly overrated and Turkish is vastly underrated.

Japanese do very pretty dishes and some nice delicate flavours, but it's lacks punch. Everyone seems to associate Turkish with takeaway, but if you add some restaurant quality to it, it turns into an excellent meal.

I would even say English cuisine is underrated too.

• 20d

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• 20d

well, i'll answer it for you, i think you haven't told her today, because you are too busy dissing japanese cuisine. But that's ok, there's always tomorrow to tell her all those important things you need to say :P

• 20d

@Izumiblu Hahaha! πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Italian is easily overrated. And that crap they serve at Olive Garden hardly qualifies. Maybe I am biased as a Mexican-American, but I am going to say that Mexican cuisine is extremely overrated. Not that stuff you eat at Taco Bell and Chipotle, but real, down-home Mexican cooking. It is more than just sloppy street foods like tacos and burritos. It truly can be a form of art, and has the potential for fine dining. In order to experience it though, you need to skip the restaurants and visit someone's Mexican grandmother on a holiday. In fact, I am so confident in the finesse of true Mexican cuisine that I would even go so far as to place it against any Italian dish.

• (US) American cuisine is by far the most underrated in my opinion. Yes, a single portion will feed an entire european family, and you will die early from diabeties, heart disease and stroke, but it's so worth it.

Overrated would be British. With a few exceptions, our trash is better than the food they serve up in restaurants.

• Hummm
    I dont know why french dish should be eaten in this way.
    So... maybe this is overrated to me
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../20161120_185046.gif
    I think Thai is underrated

• Underrated: Spanish. I wish more people knew about it cause it's the best.

Overrated: Indian. I'm not into so much spices.

• Damn none of y'all mentioned Kid Cuisine? That makes that shit extra unrated. Shout at my boy K. C.
    i5.walmartimages.com/.../...a20195f4413942dc0.jpeg

• Italian food is crazily overhyped here in the USA.

African food (not "soul food") is very much slept-on in the USA, outside of major cities.

• Hmmm I don't know.

• Overrated- Chinese, French.
    Underrated- Vietnamese, Mexican

• I think Asian is overrated ( no offense)
    I think African is underrated ( no offense )

• Eggs and rice is underrated

• I have no idea.

• Turkish cuisine is underrated I find.
    American cuisine is overrated thanks to Mc'D's and Burger king

• overrated - chinese, indian,

underrated - thai, brazilian

What Girls Said 10

• Underrated - Japanese food (and i mean REAL japanese food, not a fucking california roll which is American lol) & Spanish food as well
    Overrated - Italian food

• Tunisian cuisine is very underrated because no one knows we exist lmao. T_T But seriously I'm saying this because it's my country but we really have very diverse food.

• 20d

Should make a MyTake about it then ^^

• 20d

@Phoenix98 Tunisian food is not really Middle Eastern , it's North African so it's usually different than Middle Eastern food ^^

• 20d

Ok "african" food haven't eaten that as well so still all the same to me for now ^^.

• I don't know if it's underrated but I really like Indian food 😍😍 @phoenix98 would like it too if he tried it lol

• I think Italian and French cuisines are extremely overrated.
    Thai and Korean cuisines are really underrated.

• To keep it simple, in my opinion
    Underrated - Italian
    Overrated - Spanish

• overrated - italian and japanese
    underrated - korean and persian

• Italian cuisine is overrated for sure. As for underrated, I'm not quite sure, Korean maybe.

• French cuisine is super over rated

Under rated would be AUTHENTIC Asian food

• Australian bc who ever hears "I'm in the mood for some Australian". Bet its bomb

• 20d

It isn't.

The food here is delicious, but there's no such thing as Australian cuisine.

• 20d

@Tarvold u should invent it

• 20d

I wish I was qualified... It'd be fun.

• French: overrated
    Argentinian: underrated