What one thing annoys you most at a restaurant?

Most Helpful Girl

• When they ask if I want a table!!!
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e878e5162e.jpg

• 20d

We were asking people if they want a table, because some of them came just for drinks and they just sit at the bar. Some of them like to eat at the bar so no table needed. So I think this question is totally OK.

• 20d

@Littlett25 yup. I used to work in Hard Rock Cafe as host. There were plenty of memorabilias and lot of people came just to look at them.

• 20d

@goldfinch23 and @Littlett25 I mean like Olive garden or something

What Guys Said 23

• When the waiter/waitress comes and asks you if you is everything is ok with your meal literally two minutes after they've served you and you have your mouth full. If something is not okay with my meal I'll be sure to tell them! If I don't then it's my own tough luck.

• Two minutes after the food is served the server comes back to the table and ask: "How is everything tasting?" I don't know why this just bugs me.

• 20d

Because of internal policy for employees in particular restaurant. I used to work in Hard Rock Cafe, and I get that people gets annoyed, but we had to keep this policy if you like it, or not.

• 20d

Actually some of them does. But mostly they ate almost whole portion of steak and then they complain and they get new portion.

• 20d

Actually, I do that, but I'm joking. Or if I ask for a coke and they ask if Pepsi is ok, sometimes I say no... their face is so aloof and I say I'm just kidding and the waiters usually laugh pretty hard

• Tipping. These days everyone expects a tip from your waitress to your local taxi driver

• 20d

Because wages of restaurant staff are set low because the owner expects that his employees will earn tips. Without tips, servers and other staff literally can't survive.

• 20d

@goldfinch23 it's more to do with principal. The argument goes - unecessary costs are transferred to the consumers

Why doesn't the girl flipping burgers at mcdonalds or the women taking your order and serving you not get tippped... or the bag boy at the grocery store. Maybe even the local garbage picker

• 19d

Because girl flipping burgers has no contact with costumers. Also, Mc Donald isn't typical restaurant. It's fast food.

• Slow service and when hot food is served warm and sometimes a little cold.

• BAD HYGIENE! FUUUUKK. Dirty tables, chairs floor even yuck

• If I had to pick one thing, it would have to be unattentive servers (especially when it's not that busy). I mean, I'm not expecting 5 star service and all but when some servers barely even put out minimal effort, it's quite annoying.

• "Can you pleas... bring me a glass of water... change this glass for me... bring me more ice? etc..."

Waiter/waitress nevers comes back so you hav to look for them, probably shout across the room or fucking clap to remind them of doing their job. Pisses me the fuck off

• Other people , other clientele , there is always at least one annoying idiot !! Arrogant twats that treat decent service staff like crap , fortunately quite rare. Hence I prefer to stick to eating at home , i'm fully in control then , plus much less expensive.

• Someone talking loud on their phone or chewing loudly.

• Bad food.
    Bad service.
    Annoying clients.

• Bad food I don't care about much else. But if the food is bad I'll know it.

• Unnecessary Interruptions & distractions
    from waiters & cell phoners, et al.

• When someone brings a bunch of mentally challenged old people in and I have to listen to it.

• waiting forever and bad food obviously

• Bad food
    Takes ludicrously long

• Bad service or when the waiter comes back to ask how the food is 0.000015 seconds after they gave it to you and you haven't even tried it yet...

• Red wine with Chinese food.

• annoying people with their conversations
    bad food service
    wrong food given to me

• Waitress keeps coming back to the table asking you if
    you want a refill of coffee or soda pop.

• Bad service

• People laughin so freakin' hard next to my table

• servers not doing their job

• The price for food that I can prepare better myself at home.

What Girls Said 18

• I can't stand going in a restaurant in the evening because a lot of times they will rush you to leave because they are about to close or they are trying to turn tables quickly and dont want you to stay very long. So they will keep coming to the table or walk pass. I work in a restaurant, so I know this happens.

• Crying kids, Misbehaved Ones, hun, and Parents who just Eat and think it's So Sweet. xx

• 20d

Thanks for the Like, hun, and Happy Thanksgiving!! xx

• People being rude to their server makes me want to hurt them.

• Screaming kids and their parents just let them scream instead of taking them somewhere else to calm down. Or people at the next table who are so loud you can't hear the conversation you are trying to have with a person at your table.

• Lol having been in China I've become incredibly tolerant to all the issues about restaurants... Been to such dirty and rude places it's unbelievable, I'm surprised I haven't died yet by food poisoning... 😂
    I don't get very annoyed much by restaurants these days cause of it. The only mildly irritating issue is food taking a foreveeer to arrive. But it's not much of a bother to me if I'm with someone I like talking to.

• When I'm working and customers are being rude and blaming me for things I have no control over. Or when they tell me how to do my job when they don't know what really goes on or how you're supposed to do things as a hostess

• What super147 said lol

• When the waiter comes by every 5 seconds to ask how I'm doing. I get they want a big tip but just fuck off.

• When the server is bad

• When they prioritize other customers over you unfairly* for whatever reason

• I'm a vegetarian so it really annoys me when there isn't much variety for me to get:(

• Cell phone conversations - take them to the lobby... better - outside!

• 2 things actually:
    1. Those parents who let their kids/teens act up, it annoys me because my parents would give me the "pull that crap on me and you'll see" look. Plus, it's really distracting.
    2. When you politely ask the waiter/ess to bring you something, like an extra drink, then you wait 10 minutes and ask them again, and they be like "Oh! Uh, yeah I'll just go get it now..."
    smh.

• Bad service
    Parents that dont take care of their children
    Serving yesterdays leftovers as todays "chef's special"

• The other people in the restaurant and them taking too long to bring my food.

• bad service

• When they get my order wrong.

• Kids.