Have you tried being a vegetarian 👀?

Ok, so I went to a ranch with my family to buy a goat. We go there, and my parents decide to kill it right then, and there. They asked the man who owned the ranch if he could do that.
I watched as the man killed the poor thing. 😭
I love meat, but after seeing the goat get killed, I decided I was going to be a vegetarian, meaning I live practically on salad, and vegetables. ( '-')
I tried that for a day, and I couldn't make it. ('-' )
I ate a chicken (poor thing 😅😂😅).
Anyway, has anyone else tried being a vegetarian? How did it go for you? 😊

18d This was a long time ago. I am just wondering who else ever felt like that. I still it meat. I could never give up eating meat. It is too delicious. 😆😆😆

What Guys Said 18

• Reminds me of Silence of the Lambs

Yea, I was a vegetarian for five years. One day I was eating a bologna sandwich. I looked at it and thought "this is gross". So I stopped eating it. I didn't eat meat for five years after that.

I started eating meat again just because of circumstances. I was working at an out-of-the-way guest ranch. It included room and board. The food they served was mostly meat based. I could have continued being vegetarian, but the selection would have been pretty limited. So I just ate what was served.

I was only a vegetarian because I thought it was healthier, not because I didn't want to kill animals. I don't have any moral issues with eating meat. I also no longer think it's the most healthy diet.

A lion eats meat. Humans eat meat. The lion doesn't feel guilty about being a lion. I don't feel guilty about being a human.

• 18d

If everyone hunted or raised their own. Its the industrialized farms that are insane in environmental and ethical ways.

• 17d

@Drooogie4
      Unfortunately that's not possible. The planet is vastly overpopulated with humans. If they tried to hunt or raise crops individually, the large majority of people would starve to death. There may be some better ways to do it, but some type of mass production is necessary.

• no... I m happy to be vegetarian... if we can't give someone a life we don't have the right to take his life... that's what I feel

• I don't hate myself, so no

• Nope, and will never try. I love meat, and hate salads.

• nope, most of my friends are vegetarians or vegans but I personally couldn't do it even though I like the idea behind it. But I'm super picky with food and I just wouldn't be happy without meat because I don't like many vegetables

• 18d

I am picky when it comes to foods, too. 😂
      I like vegetables, except green beans. 😝

• Did you hear the cry of the salad ripped out of the ground, the pain of the potato boiling?

• Never tried, never will. Most of my fish and meat comes from what I kill myself, I prefer it that way. I like knowing where my food comes from.

• I tried last year but ended up going back to meat because the vegetarian lines at the campus cafe were really long and I didn't have time to wait. Clearly I wasn't too committed to it.

• Part of me doesn't like the meat industry just not enough not to eat meat but iv started eating less but iv never gone vegetarian.

• Nope. Never will. I love meat too much.

• No. I will never try.

• I liked my primary school's veggie nuggets if that means anything.

• No I'm not ready nor have dedication to be one yet

• i tried it for 15 min

• Hun it's not gonna change anything they will still kill animals, plus where allowed. Eat meat now

• 18d

I can smell chicken in the kitchen.
      You want some? ( '-')

• 18d

Lolzzz hmmmmm chicken nap time😴😴😴😴

• 18d

Supply and demand baby! Less the demand... less the killing.

• I wouldn't be able to handle that very well

• yeah wasn't for me

• no, not interested.

What Girls Said 23

• I was vegetarian for years, and finally went full vegan.
    The factory farming and slaughter of animal is cruel. Its inhumane, unecessary for our consumption, bad for the environment.

I dont believe in supporting any of the above.

• No, I haven't. I understand how you feel but do what you feel is right. Eating meat is not something morally wrong :)

• I've gone for years as a vegetarian. And i still go through phaases where i dont eat meat. But i dont really think of myself as vegetarian. I am a pretty solid omnivore.

• I can easily be a vegetarian as I don't like most meats, seafood is the only meat category that I really like. I'm okay with trying to go vegan, but my mom and grandma will force me to eat meat. It's impossible to be vegan, with them there. Where I'm from meat is a big part of our diet.

• Yes. I got sick and bored of the fake meat smell. Its like berusaha your food smells the same way. We quit after like 3 months.

• Yeah I tried becoming a vegetarian. Still am one 9 years later 😊

• Yup, for an extremely short time. I then transitioned immediately to veganism.

• when i was a kid i saw my dad and his friends kill a pig for roasting
    hearing it squeal in agony was painful for me
    but i still ate it anyways, lol

as an adult, there would be a few days out of the year where i would go vegetarian

• Yup two years strong ;)

• I have been a vegetarian since I was 7.

• 18d

Good to see someone else start at an early age. I've been one since I was 5. I thought i was the only one, lol.

• My diets is flexitarian (semi-vegetarian) I eat fish, seafood, dairy, eggs, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, fungi, roots, insects, and others... I do not consume poultry, nor meat from mammals.

• i tried being a vegetarian for an entire month. unfortunately, i got really sick from it. i reached a point where i couldn't hold food down without getting horrible acid reflex, throwing up, and gagging. so now i've changed it to meat, vegetables, nuts, and fruit. it works better for me.

• I have tried to give up meat for lent, but I never ended going through with it. I LOVE meat

• 18d

I LOVE meat, too.

• 18d

I could never do it for lent lol. But a lot of people do. We do have Friday Fish fries here in Wisconsin that orginated from that lol.

• I think so
    Can't remember

• I follow a piscitarian diet: I only eat eggs, dairy, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, and fish.

• I was a vegetarian for 3-4 years until I lost my v (egetarian) card to a schnitzel.

• I did for a month

• I'm a new vegan... if you have any questions feel free to message me.

• nope

• I've never tried but I have started eating less meat and only buy it when it's humanely treated.

• I was a vegetarian for about 2 days, lol. The third day I was back to eating meat. 🍗🍔

• Yup still strong you could just only eat seafood though

• I'm now 18 years old and have been a vegetarian for 4 and a half years. I also started cutting out meat in my diet because i didn't want animals to be harmed. And honestly its the best decision I've ever made. I started paying attention to my diet, started eating healthier because i educated myself more about food, lost weight, did more sports and felt better overall. I also educated myself about how animals would be treated before being killed which shocked me and also learned lots about milk industry and such. After some time of getting used to not eat meat, it just became more and more logical to me that eating meat is not ethnically right (in my opinion, everyone can chose to do and eat what they want to of course) and that its not worth it for animals to suffer just so i can enjoy a steak or whatever.

Also being vegetarian isn't just eating salad, you can basically eat everything. When I want to have a burger, I just get one with a veggie patty, I eat spaghetti bolognese with soy granulate instead of meat and it tastes AMAZING etc... After some weeks of getting used to it, your taste buds will get used to not having meat and you won't feel the urge to eat it anymore. I once tried to eat meat again, and it didn't taste good to me anymore because i just wasn't used to the taste anymore. Living without meat is so easy if you are creative with cooking and inform yourself, just give it a try for a few days a week! And if you really care about animals, you will be proud that you can live and enjoy life without hurting them.

• 18d

Ummm... I tried, for a day, but I couldn't resist. U_U

• 18d

Ok. 😊🙋

• 18d

I get that a lot.
      "Do vegans even eat anything?" Uh yeah. Lots of delicous things.