How can you even drink alcohol?

I tried it few days ago for the first time and it tastes so bitter and didn't like it 😒

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Girls Said 14

• Well, obviously it depends on what exactly you drink. I drink schmirnoff ice and hooch because it tastes like lemonade.

• My friend told me that girls drinks are the best haha they know what to choose

• :P If you don't like the taste of the bitter, heavier stuff then I recommend steering away from beers, lager, ales, that sort of thing. Rum is nice as it has a hot kick to it when you drink it but if you're a baby with alcohol like I am, then I definitely do recommend vodka-y stuff! Smirnoff is so popular because it doesn't taste shitty like most alcohol, they do lots of flavours and yeah, the smirnoff ice tastes like lemon, so it's tastes more like a soft drink than anything else but it'll get you drunk. I would also recommend experimenting with stuff! If you get vodka, you can add that to most soft drinks and it'll taste okay, like get vodka and cloudy lemonade or vodka and coke and it tastes good and then you can see how much of the alcohol you like, if you taste it too much, you can just add more soft drink and overpower it :)

• Thanks for explaining it

• When I first tried my first beer I didn't like it. But found out it was just that one... I'm very picky with my alcohol
    I love drinking especially when it's good.

• People drink it for the feeling more than anything. It relaxes some people, so they get used to the taste to the point they crave it. It's also a great vehicle to making bad choices and blaming it on the alcohol.

• LOL the last part is too true

• I don"t drink any alcohol I hate the taste of it

• I don't like the taste of alcohol either. That's why I never drink it at all.

• What did you drink?

• Just gotta find one you like. I hated alcohol for years because I thought it all tasted like bitter crap, but then I found spiced rum and I love the stuff haha

• you have to be picky and test what you like. I hate all alcohol except whiskey

• I don't even like alcohol flavored candy 🙊

• So you don't drink :D?

• Most people don't drink alcohol for the taste lmfao

Newb

• It's not for everyone, maybe you haven't found the kind you like, and there's always mixed drinks

• What's your fav?

• I like many drinks, only one I can't stand the taste of is beer. If I have to drink straight liquor I prefer it to be flavored to take sting out of it

• It's not for everyone

• Depends what you drink. There are like a zillion drinks to try... It's like saying "don't know how you can drink fizzy drink" just because you tried 1 Dr pepper and hated it... No, there are tons of other drinks.
    That, and there are lots of mixed drinks that taste delicious, some are even really sweet or fruity and just yum.

• What are the really sweet or fruity ones?
      I heard wine is good

• You have to mix it, no one really drinks it for the taste it's more for the feeling

• Hey you still under age don't drink :P

What Guys Said 16

• It's an acquired taste. If you keep drinking it, it starts to taste really good. But yeah, the first few times you drink it, it tastes very nasty. Sorta like energy drinks or coffee. You can also try different kinds of beer. If it was really bitter it was probably a heavy hops beer like Heineken. There are sweeter or more smooth beers out there. For the love of God never try I. P. A's though. God damn that shit ripped my stomach apart.

If you try beer from the tap at a restaurant or bar, god damn it's fucking delicious.

But, to develop a taste for it, perhaps something like bud light platinum would be better. I enjoyed that. It's a smoother flavor, I think.

• Samuel Adams Summer Ale. That's what it was, at some restraunt. Absolutely, ridiculously delicious. You might try some ales and see if you like them better. Don't get the Sam Adams in a bottle though. It doesn't do it justice, at all. They're namely barley without the hops, so they're sweeter than lagers. You'll get used to the alcohol taste. Also make sure you drink water throughout the drinking session, if you plan to get drunk. Eat a high fat meal before drinking if you want to drink more and not get as inebriated.

If I recall correctly, it took me a few months of occasional drinking to get used to the taste of the alcohol.

• It's an acquired taste. When I first drank it tasted like a rat shat in the bottle. After a while I got used to the bitterness.

• I enjoy good beer and good red wine. I can't say much for white or blush wines, champagne, cheap beer, or hard liquor... If I just wanted to get dunk I could drink the others, but why not enjoy my drink?

• Which one is the best taste?

• Red wine types that are like usually fall into... Pinot noir, Merlot, Cabernet sauvignon... Beers are usually lagers, pilsners, or stouts... As far as brands, that's something you have to discover on your own. If you're drinking brands like Budweiser though, I'd consider that like dirty toliet water mixed with rubbing alcohol. Garbage...

• Some people like it some don't, or maybe it was the kind you had. Try a sweeter kind net time it won't be as bitter.

• I drink Lagavulin. Just a shot or four.

Since you're only trying it for the very first time, don't believe it when people tell you that something alcoholic tastes exactly *like* lemonade or candy. Anything with alcohol in it isn't going to taste just like anything but shit for people who haven't yet acquired the taste for it.

• No because I'm Muslim.

• I don't mind bitter, quite like it as a matter of fact.

• i don´t like it either. i don´t think anybody really does. it just gets the job done.

• what job exactly ;)

• get you drunk obviously ^^ deactivating inhibitions, giving you more courage, which are good premises for a good time.

• It's an aquired taste.

• Lots of different types of alcohol out there, mate.

• Dude you gotta mix it up with something.

• Yeah I'm not a big fan...

• Try vodka if you want to avoid the bitterness or maybe some rum and coke. Most straight alcohol is an acquired taste. I'm a Jack Daniels guy myself.

• Same here. It's so gross. Beer, wine, and all the other stuff

• You have to mix it when you first start drinking. Its an acquired taste.

• I actually think it tastes too sweet, and I drink it strait lol