What do you call drinks like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, etc?

I don't drink that stuff, but here in Michigan we call it "pop". When my relatives from Texas come here they're always like "wtf are you talking about, it's soda..."😂

• Soda
    46% (26)44% (12)46% (38)Vote
  • Pop
    23% (13)26% (7)24% (20)Vote
  • Soft Drinks
    16% (9)11% (3)14% (12)Vote
  • Fizzy drink
    5% (3)7% (2)6% (5)Vote
  • Other
    10% (5)12% (3)10% (8)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
1d Update...
12h Update

2|1
39|11

What Girls Said 39

• I actually say both.
    Most of the time, "pop". There are moments when I say "Soda". Not quite sure why.

0|1
    0|0
  • i call it soda
    or i'll say i want some fizz lol. but only to someone who knows what im talkin about...

0|1
    0|0
  • From the mid-west we called it Soda Growing up, personally I like Dr. Pepper, mixed with Mt Dew and Pepsi, we call it a Dr. Dewsie!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • having been raised in texas, we always called it "coke", just a general term for soda... then if i specifically want an actual coke i would say "Coca Cola"

1|1
    0|0
    • 1d

Lol It's a southern thang to call every soda a coke! I live in TN and we've always asked what kind of coke do you want! :)

• Soda...
    However, in the Stores, anything "Pepsi" Like, is Called... Pepsi Products. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • Pop :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I call it soda, but some people also say pop.

0|1
    0|0
  • pop.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know 'drink' probably. I guess we use the name though, so someone will ask 'what you wanna drink' and we'll just be like, gimme a sprite or gimme some mountain dew.
    A lot of folks though would order coke but actually mean some other drink but a lot of people call it soda too. I don't know. Va here so.

0|1
    0|0
  • My ex husband was from Michigan... he called it pop. But hanging around a southern belle... he dropped the pop.

0|1
    0|0
  • all of them are pepsi to me lol.
    in lebanon we dnt have dr. pepper and theyre very hard to come by. mountain... only in the states lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Diabetes.

But no fr pop is what we say.

1|1
    0|0
  • Pop. ✋

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm from Ohio, and like in Michigan and the rest of the midwest, most people here call it pop. My sister and I do not. I am not sure why. We call it soda. The rest of our family call it pop.

0|1
    0|0
  • @mooky06 it must be an Aussie thing to call it soft drink ahah

1|1
    0|0
  • I live in the south and we call every soda a coke. What kind of coke do you want? Lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Soda.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm dutch, and we call them "frisdrank" which is similar to fuzzy drinks.

1|2
    0|0
  • I call it soda

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to call it coke but dad always made a joke about no ion brew/Dr pepper for you, they're ma favs. So now I call it pop

0|1
    0|0
  • Soda.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, back home in Ohio we call it pop. But down here in the south, we call it soda. by the way... Fuck ❌ichigan! 😄

0|1
    0|2
  • It's always been pop to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • In Nigeria we calm them soft drinks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Soda or soft drinks

0|1
    0|0
  • Soda.