Fish eaters, can you eat fish with the heads still on them?

With their eyes staring at you as you carve away their insides?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've eaten fish like this dozens of times

bramanswanderings.files.wordpress.com/.../fish-1.jpg

• Thk you. Look at him there, looking up in the sky as though he is begging to be eaten.

The one thing people dont mention much... having the head on the fish is a sure way of knowing the fish is as described. It is pretty common to subsitute less pricy fish s something more costly because a lot of time after its filleted and prepared, you just can't tell what it is without the head on.

Most Helpful Guy

• You've precisely described why I CAN'T eat a fish with the head still attached.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 20

• Yeah I can. I eat everything else on the fish except the head

• Nope, no more than I could any animal I eat really

This reminds me of a time when I was very little and my Mum bought a whole salmon at the supermarket :') . She had it wrapped up at the fish counter which I found rather fascinating, and we were continuing walking round. And she needed some tins of tomatoes as well for whatever recipe she was going to make, so she got me to get them, but I was hurling them into the trolley quite carelessly from a height so she told me to stop. I didn't, and dropped one onto the salmon, so jokingly she was like 'Now look what you've done Tabitha, you've killed my salmon dropping one of those on it's head!'. And I legit cried lol, I was devastated. I'm pretty sure I already knew the thing was beyond dead already but it didn't matter, I was tearful at the very idea :') . Shows our weird relationship with animals as a culture I s'pose

• I have never eaten the flesh of a fish with the head still attached o. O looks so sad with the eyes there. I'm American, so, we're pretty detached from our food in general because of super markets.

• I doubt it :P

• My potatoes also watch me eat them.

• cdn-jpg.thedailymeal.net/.../...0_d40e7500bb_o.jpg

I've eaten a guinea pig with its intestines still inside of it. I think I could handle a fish with its head on lol

• I've literally never eaten them any other way... Except for tuna and salmon...

• No head please, yuck

• noooo

• Yes I've eaten fish head before but no eyes.

• Fried sure

• yes but i don't make eye contact

• that's how we usually eat them
    we don't do squares

• I mean I guess, but I sure as hell wouldn't prefer it.

• I don't mind.

• I can, but it's not like I eat fish like that anyway

• Sure. When it's fried

• I eat finish once in a while and could never eat fish with a head and eyes.. LOL

• Yep I can!!

• Eww no.

What Guys Said 13