Who did the cooking when you were growing up?

My mom rarely cooked dinner for my dad, because of my dad's taste in food, but she would make breakfast. Lunch was kind of a free for all. We usually would go to a restaurant for lunch, or I would just eat at school. Dad always cooked dinner. I started making dessert once I was old enough not to burn the house down! 😁 So, yeah; what about you?

1711

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm we didn't really have many home cooked meals growing up. Both my parents worked so we would either eat out or pick something up. My dad would occasionally use the grill during the summer and my mom would make pasta or something once or twice a week.

Most Helpful Girl

• My mom cooks breakfast and dinner most the time. Lunch is kind of a free for all. But whenever we have barbecue my dad grills and my mom makes the sides. Then my brother and I clean up the kitchen after

What Guys Said 10

• grew up since 1 year old with my grandparents and great-grandparents and always ate borscht made (today too!) by my grandmother... parents divorced and and dont want to share depressing details, but yeah food hasn't changed much since then, the usual borscht every day, some mamaliga (east european maize flour porridge), meat with mayonnaise...

• I love borscht. 🐣 What do you mean meat with mayonnaise? Like slices of sandwich meat or different?

• nope, chopped chicken meat or pork, boil them and if you want fry a little, put in plate and you put mayonnaise all over it

• We have that in common Daisy, I also had a great mom with splendid cooking talents who was always there for me :D

• my mom mostly, she still does the cooking.
    but my dad also cooks, he has speciality in some foods that only he can cook good

• Hard to say because all my parents are very talented in the kitchen, even my step dad. Best times were when they'd ask us what we wanted to eat at restaurants and just make it at home. There's a science to texture and seasoning

• Well, that's awesome! That must have saved so much money. Did you retain any cooking skills?

• mom and dad together

• Grandmother and mother.
    My dad only knows how to make a couple of things lol

• What about yourself? Do you know how yo cook?

• Yeah lol I started asking my mom how to make some things since I was about 9.
      I'm pretty good at cooking now, especially when I have to make my own food in college :P

• My dad works offshore every 6 weeks for 3 weeks each time, so when he's away my mum did the cooking. When my dad is home, he did the cooking. So is quite an equal balance.

• My mom and my dad. I learned how to cook at age 17.

• When i was small it was my mom , now its me though i suck so much at it i usually have a dinner outside at restaurants.

• What is one thing you can cook well for yourself?

• ah well i make good spaghettis with bolognese sauce cos i really like to eat that, i also make good hamburgers also meatballs with rice. Sometimes it turns out well but sometimes barely eatable lol.

• Banana pancakes & egg fried rice, nah I can't pick just one

• my dad did that

What Girls Said 16

• mom, and she wasn't a very good cook. I saw dad prepare something like twice in my life living at home... Once was a bacon sandwich with... ketchup for me... who the hell puts ketchup on bacon sandwich? The guy tht only prepared food twice in an 18 year period, that's who.

• Dad always cooks because mom is lazy as f***, and no one ever likes her cooking. Harsh but true. The only meal cooked for the family is dinner. We go out for dinner a few times a month. Lunches out if we are working, and we never really eat breakfast except on holidays or when we have guests, at which point it's a buffet style spread. I always do the dishes, otherwise I'm having wash "clean"dishes from the cabinets before I use them.

• My mom did almost all of the cooking, though my dad was more in charge of the grill when we ate from that.

• My mum can't cook and had no inclination to learn so it was toast, easy mac and fruit until I was 8 when I started to learn how to cook

• My mom hates cooking so from like 12 on it was usually entirely me.

• When I was growing up, it was my mother who did all the cooking but lately, my father helps too and he is pretty good at cooking :) I'm quite ashamed at myself for not having good cooking skills like they do so I tend to help out while at the same time learning how to cook.

• my mom; now both me and her cooks

• My dad usually cooks, my mom bakes but for special events we get a chef

• mom, aunts, cousins

• my mom cooked

• my grandfather and me.

• My mom did all the cooking and my dad did all the eating.

• My mom, and that's because my dad cannot cook to save his life, lol.

• Mother did. I have no father.

• My mom.. my dad can't even make tea!

• The cook does the cooking.