Thinking about going vegan any tips or personal experience?

I am a vegetarian at the moment and have finally decided I wanna go with a vegan lifestyle but I was wondering if anyone had personal experience and what I should expect? just want some tips (: thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Indian food has a rich tradition of vegetarian eating, and many of their recipes are also vegan (perhaps needing ghee replaced with vegetable oil), and protein rich. I have a great chickpea Dahl recipe from an Australian Woman's Weekly...

You will probably need vitamin supplements.

There is vegan "cheese" and "meat" available, but I find them a bit artificial (although Quorn is good), and they tend not to behave like the real thing when you heat them up.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• Several of my freinds are vegan and really the only difference is that it is a pain to decide where to eat out cause everyone has their own dietary needs. I just bring a sandwich to eat while some of them are just eating small expensive portions at a dumb modern restaurant. So far this year I have saved $2000 by bringing my own lunch when we eat out compared to the others. Moral of the story just make your own food instead of eating out as a vegan it is so much cheaper.

• Don't

• my tip is dont go vegan

• I totally agree with @goaded. you can try Indian food if it is available there. there are many options available in veggies.

• power to you because I couldn't do it lol

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe you should go vegetarian first, step by step.

• Oh, sorry, I haven't seen the description below, you already are a vegetarian.
      I guess you are almost ready, how long have you been vegetarian?

• Cool, I think you are ready to go vegan, but you should definitely study what types of food have necessary vitamins and minerals in order to prevent malnutrition.

• Why?

• I imagine empathy/sympathy for the animals that die even if you don't eat meat (calves taken from their mothers so the milk isn't shared, male chicks being killed soon after hatching because they won't lay eggs).

• I've been a vegetarian since age 5, which is difficult enough, lol ecspecially back then. Vegans are even stricter, hence it will be more difficult. Vegans are so picky they will even boycot honey. You can be a vegetarian and still save animals by subing cows dairy for almond dairy. As far as eggs are concerned (like if your baking) make sure you get free range/ veggie fed eggs, and remove embreo.

• Do a lot of research so you are making sure you get the proper nutrients for your body. Come up with a good meal plan maybe