If I have diarrhea but im not celiac, will gluten free food be good for my diarrhea tho?

• YES
  • NO
  • I don't know

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think so. You might be trying to mask an underlying problem. I suggest you visit a doctor and get proper medical advice. At the moment, there are so many questions. Like how long has this been? What sort of foods are you eating? Etc etc.

• eat slightly green bananas. they don't taste as good, but they tend to help everything clump together.

• I don't know

What Girls Said 4

• When someone has Celiac disease or a gluten intolerance, it's MUCH more than just diarrhea... so if that's your only symptom, then it could be due to a number of various things. Therefore, going gluten free for that reason makes no sense at all.

If you have persistent issues with diarrhea, I would recommend a visit to the doctor to figure out what could be the problem and then go from there to find a solution.

• 20d

im not saying that id go gluten free, im saying that if i have diarrhea can i eat some gluten free cookies? like they're made of rice, so. I just want to eat something good like cookies, bc when you have diarrhea, you can't eat much, so i thought maybe celiac stuff are allowed

• 20d

when you get diarrhea, is it explosive or mostly runny?

• 20d

Well, if you want to eat them, I don't think it would hurt anything. I do still think you should see a doctor though (if you haven't already) because persistent diarrhea is obviously not good and there could be several more severe underlying issues.

• It's something to try, some people have a gluten sensitivity, but cutting out gluten isn't a guaranteed cure-all. Maybe try it for a week or two and see how you feel! Go back to eating wheat if you don't notice a different and try something else.

• If anything, gluten free worsens it. The only people that should be eating gluten free are those with Celiac disease. What I suggest you do is cut red meat for a bit. I gave up red meat for Lent during Easter time and I noticed that I felt less gassy and my stomach felt lighter and hurted less. I hope this helps! If not, maybe eat more fruit and vegetables because they help regulate your metabolism.

• 21d

i have diarrhea, i can't eat any fruits or vegetables, and i have iron deficiency anemia so i should definitely eat red meat

• 21d

Oh my! You should have said that. How long has your diarrhea persisted? Sometimes you are just clearing your system. As for your anemia, I suggest you eat lots of beans and leafy vegetables. Apparently horse meat and ostrich meat is also good for those with anemia.

• i don't think that it will have any effect