Have you ever smoked up your kitchen and burned food?

Tell your stories if Yes!

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

83

Most Helpful Guy

• I've used a grill pan indoors a couple times and it smokes up my kitchen every time. I don't burn my food though. I basically open all the windows nearby, open the back door, and take down the fire alarm so it doesn't go off. I also usually end up putting a shirt over my face to help with the smoke a bit lol.

On one occassion it got so bad a cricket sneakily living up in a cabinet storage area got smoked out and fell down to it's death. I basically fumigated the house with my cooking apparently 😂

It was at that point, after the smoke had already started to clear, that my roommate casually flipped on a vent system. I was like "we have a vent? !" He was casually like, "oh, yeah. I didn't mention it before?" Smh. I lost a couple years of life from inhaling smoke all for naught :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I forgot I put the toast on broil in the oven 😂😂 but the firemen were hot. It was worth it.

What Guys Said 2

• No, I never dared to try to cook xD

• Yes, a couple times but now I'm more careful and I won't allow it to happen again...

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah, one time when i was a kid, i caught a napkin on fire in the kitchen, in a panic i threw it on some carpet and then stomped on it leaving a big burnt footprint in the carpet... with lots of smoke

I set a sandwich wrapper on fire in the microwave because it has foil wrap inside the paper wrapper... smoke wasa billowing out of the microwave

i tried to broil some steaks once and forgot to put water in the bottom of the broiling pan and that smoked enough to set the smoke alarms off...

• I put a cup noodle box in the oven without water.

Thank God, dad came home and saw the smoke because I was in the other room reading a book not aware of the smoke.

• nope

• From regular things like grease getting too hot or pan frying something

• Yes it has happened on occasion.

• hahah yep.

• I've burnes food many times but it didn't get very smokey