Can you recommend a semi-sweet red wine?

I'm going to my friend's house tonight and she asked me to pick up a bottle of red wine. She has said she likes Cabernet but also said she doesn't really care. I, on the other hand, like my wines very sweet, or at least smooth to drink (not super dry). I know I like lambrusco but I worry it'll be too sweet for her. Can anyone suggest a red wine that we both might like?

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• Try a Cahors, south of France. It will be different for both of you. Not sweet, but has a rich aftertaste.

• Rose might be the way to go. This is the wine I usually drink.
    www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/.../..._R02_prd.jpg

• For a red if your eating non-spicy pasta or red meat there are some good semi-sweet cabernet sauvignon or Muscat wines or if you're eating fish, poultry, some pork dishes or spicy pasta a good German Riesling or German Gewertztriminer.

• Try Moet & Chandon.

• Liberty Creek, the Cabernet is not too sweet and not too tart so that'll probably be the best one.

What Girls Said 2

• I should know the answer to this question because I work in hotel, and thats what we offer our guest.

• Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot. :)