Can shrimp be my only protein?

Okay so I have a huge love of shrimp. All things shrimp. Popcorn shrimp, raw shrimp, shrimp scampi, shrimp bisque, shrimp stir fry... all dishes involving shrimp - healthy or otherwise lol

It's probably my all time favorite protein. And I got to thinking... can I just eat shrimp as a protein? Including all other foods... fruits/veggies but only using shrimp as my protein? No chicken/beef/duck/etc? Or should I continue to vary my diet? So it wouldn't be JUST shrimp... but like, instead of steak and steamed veggies for dinner it'd be shrimp and steamed veggies. And any time you'd think of a meal... replace the protein with shrimp.

In a dream world I would just eat shrimp all the time because I find it delicious lol

16

Most Helpful Guy

• No, because shrimp comes from the ocean, which is polluted, and you might absorb higher than safe levels of mercury. All seafood and shrimp must be eaten in moderation. Shrimp is also expensive.

You need to mix it in with free range chicken and turkey as well to stay lean and be healthy.

• Hmmmm I suppose turkey is okay too lol
      I see your point. But man... if only, right? It's so delicious lol

Most Helpful Girl

• It's best to vary your diet...

What Guys Said 5

• I don't see why not. Personally, I would vary my diet but if you love shrimp that much, I don't see anything wrong with varying your diet with shrimp as your main source of protein.

However, try to stick to wild or wild-caught shrimp. Yes, it's more expensive, but at least they're not filled with chemical cap like farm-raised ones.

• You can, make a lot of pasta with it, shrimp scampi is good

• I could beat you in a shrimp eating contest

• only eating one source of protein is stupid and very unhealthy. moreover shrimp has a very high fat content and not much protein and if you do that you will likely get fat.

• I HATE SEAFOOD

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!