Too much oil on potatoes in oven... Help what did I do?

I put too much oil on my potatoes and then put them in the oven to bake, think the heat was up too high too as when I opened the door 5 mins later the heat/ smoke (not actual proper smoke) that came out burnt my eyes it felt like chemical gas... How stupid I know

What did I do wrong?

03

What Guys Said 3

• When fat burns it does produce a lot of smoke, particularly if it gets stuck on the surfaces of the oven and yes, it does sting the eyes. Your eyes should be okay, it shouldn't do any lasting damage. If you have some eye drops then they might help to soothe your eyes a little. As for the smoke, open windows/doors to ventilate the kitchen and you might need to consider cleaning the oven to prevent the smoke from reoccurring the next time you use it.

• You... put too much oil on potatoes. It's like, right there in the title bro.

• What did you put oil on them for? You don't have to add anything to a potato just put the oven on 350 and poke them ever 10 minutes or so. When your fork goes in easy she's done.

What Girls Said 0