What does everyone think about Starbucks?

I personally like them, especially the mocha frappé, but the price is definitely up there, but I guess that's to be expected.

Most Helpful Girl

• They're good but expensive yeah

What Girls Said 6

• mehh, its iconic, but where im at there are better options so i dont get in there much at all any more unless im overseas, it's like a little touch of home

• Overpriced and there are better alternatives... At least where I live.

• don't like it at all~ the one drink i had there was so overpriced for the size, given to me in a takeaway cup (i was drinking in and hate drinking out of takeaway cups) and barely tasted of anything :( my friends like them though

i'll stick to other coffee shops where the prices/quality are a bit more reasonable like Costa <3 :)

• Overpriced. Decent coffee

• I love Starbucks.

• I love Starbucks

What Guys Said 12

• The coffee is okay, it varies between branches. The trick is to find a good one and get friendly with the barista so they know exactly how you like yours.

The atmosphere is brilliant though, lots of young professionals in there working - i like the working environment.

• Starbucks coffees are only worth it if you use their environment, which is when the cost is justified. The various concoctions of drinks are unique and tasty if that's your thing

• Overpriced and quite frankly, not really worth it

• its overpriced but i like to go there and chill out, its a nice environment

• I'm quite a Starbucks fan.

As far as the actual real coffee goes, I like that you have the option of choosing between different beans, because all coffees are not created equal.
    Additionally, there is no such thing as good coffee from a coffee shop machine. You can get adequate coffee, but you will never get anything great, as there are too many factors that can't be properly controlled (the most common complaint the local baristas have is that the water is always too hot). That is why I'm glad the local Starbucks has a reserve bar, with baristas trained on all the equipment. Not only is watching coffee being made with the syphon or pour-over really cool, you can actually taste the difference. That is why, when I have the time, I always get coffee from the reserve bar, even if it is just form the clover machine (nothing fancy on the outside, but amazing coffee).

These choices are what Starbucks is famous for. Even if you're coffee you can get a double chocolate chai latte with hazelnut syrup. While I'm no stranger to the occasional freezoccino, I still prefer normal coffee, but the fact is that the option to get something like that is a draw card for many people.

Over here Starbucks is fairly reasonably priced. Don't get me wrong, it is still quite expensive, but when you compare it to the other hipster coffee shops nearby, it is actually cheaper by volume (eg R33 cappuccino 650ml at Starbucks vs a R25 cappuccino 375ml), so if you need something more to start your day than two shots of espresso, Starbucks is the place to go.

I have had a few quality issues at Starbucks, but thankfully all were overseas and could probably be attributed to language barriers so that. Otherwise Starbucks is, to me, a guarantee of quality and wifi.

• Over priced coffee.

• It's quite pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for. I like the Frappuccinos. That's the only thing I get there

• Overrated and overpriced.

• The extra you pay is for the brand experience ;)

• Starbucks is a joke. those who go there are too. is like going to Mcdonalds.

• Tim Hortons >> Starbucks

• i hate coffee it tastes terrible.