To religious people, do you pray before each meal?

1113

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do. Except breakfast because I'm usually drinking my breakfast out of a blender bottle on my way to work lol

Most Helpful Guy

• No one in my family ever really prays. Everyone from my father's side is only a believer but not religious all that much. My grandmother's sister is a born again type and is pretty hardcore on her beliefs. Hence why I won't be going to her birthdays again - I had enough of the religious stuff last time.

What Girls Said 10

• Dinner definitely. I forget about the others because I skip those often or am on the move.

• I'm NOT religious, but if I'm eating with a family that does it, I do it out of respect.

• My grandmother does. Every meal, and when speaking of distant events or even things next week she'll say
    "If the lord spares my life and I make it to see Christmas"-it's July "If the lord spares my life and I see Sunday"-it's Wednesday

• I should but I don't really have time too... I tend to eat my breakfast in the car on the way to the train station (I always oversleep and end up rushing); I eat my lunch on the train and dinner time I'm so hungry I just start eating. Lol

• No such thing as no time, it takes literally 2 seconds if need be, it can be anytime of the day. Doesn't have to be before you eat

• @TripleAce Good point. The no time part was regarding the question of preying before each meal. I do have a tendency to silently prey on a night when in bed, admittedly not always though.

• No, I don't. And it's probably something I won't do cause I'm always thankful to god and ALWAYS keep him in my mind and heart.

• Almost always before and after.

• Only spiritual, I do not pray before each meal

• Yes. 😊

• Yes I do.

• yes always a short prayer before a meal

What Guys Said 12

• Yup I take a minute to thank God for food I am about to receive and that it will be blessed to the nourishment of my body. I do this for each of the 3 main meals.

• I do.

• We just say BeismAllah

• Nope, lol. I just say one word before eating.

• Instead of preying for food that I have, I prey for food for people that don't have it

• Yes.

• Yes, my family pray before each meal. To thank God for providing for us. Also to pray over the farms and those who help to provide our food.

• Nope

• Even tho I should, I don't :(.

• Nope, I tend to forget. However my mom does pray before each special meal (thanksgiving etc).

• Not religious and religion is just a cult

• I have to thank Jesus for giving me the food I need. Jesus happens to be a field worker I met.