And did you enjoy it?
Most Helpful Guy
I don't know what counts strange. Here in Asia there are actually lots that other culture would find strange.
1. Balut (Boiled duck embryo). Foreigners consider it exotic but it's kind of normal here. Some find it feathery but I like the 17-18 year old chick. Yolk is still there, and I like the egg white that is beginning to form like a bone.
2. Bats. In here there's a kind of giant fruit bat that people sometimes hunt at night. Kind of taste like meh. They smell like goat? I don't think I remember anymore.
3. Frogs/Rat. It's a field frog/rat. Not the household rat. Kind of good. Taste like chicken but better. I like it cooked in coconut milk.
4. Bee larvae. It looks like maggots at first sight. They cook it as a soup. So you'll expect to see some white fat worms floating around. But if you close your eyes, it actually taste like honey.
5. Soup no. 5 (Bull testicle soup). Well... the broth is good. Testicle, a little bit like white liver. Even up to now, it still horrifies me when I think about it. But when someone offers me, I eat it anyway.
6. There's also a giant shrimp here/lobster look alike. Shell is thick like crabs and it bleeds blue. When you cook it, it looks like an alien but the taste is really good. Like a hundred lobster will not compare to even a single bite of it. But it's really rare and difficult to cultivate. So it's not offered at the market.
Most Helpful Girl
Shark... it tasted like chicken.0