Have you ever eaten food from a gourmet food truck?

If you have what type of food did you order from the truck?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes just the other night I did at the carnival. I had corn on the cob, It wasn't that great it was fair at the most. All those food trucks are pretty much over priced. This one truck charge $4 for a slice of pizza and the other truck charged $8 for a milkshake

• Are they pretty popular in Miami?

• Thanks so much for most helpful award it's appreciated smiles ☺

• You are very welcome, it was my pleasure. -smiles back- :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, it's a pretty big thing in my area at the moment. There are markets every weekend with at least 6-10 trucks gathered and a bunch of tables set up to the side. My favourite has probably been a pulled pork, pear and coleslaw pizza but I love the dumplings too. You get watch them make the entire thing from start to finish 😊
    I'd still prefer eating off a proper plate though, instead of a takeaway container

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, the food truck scene is pretty big out here, but I would say that gourmet food trucks are only ok. For example, I stopped in for breakfast before work and they had this wild rice waffle with maple-braised pork belly and a soft poached farm egg. Here's the thing though -- by the time you find a place to sit and crack open the to-go box, the stuff is very luke warm and the waffle wasn't crispy anymore. In the end, the food truck experience just turns gourmet food into the equivalent of leftovers.

I mean, I love the concept of it. You have local artisans who get a chance to get their product out there without the huge risk and investment of starting up a restaurant. However, the food is only ever going to be so-so.

• Excellent insight. There are food trucks out here that are setup with large picnic tables nearby.

• Had some amazing burgers from one before

• No, I haven't.

• no, I've not

• no never

• Never seen one honestly

What Girls Said 2

• Food truck? Yes. Gourmet.. not that I can recall. Seems like a contradiction.

• Never done that