Hostess shutting down. What will we do without our Twinkies?

I am not ready to say goodbye to Twinkies!

In all seriousness, I do have a few guilty pleasure foods, and Twinkies is one of them. What are your guilty pleasure foods?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 19

• That means that if the zombie apocalypse were to happen, there would be a little less food in the world.

• You can have all of my mine. Every last Twinkie I got is yours.

• I've never had a twinkie - guess I won't be missing out? lol =P

• I actually read that it is entirely likely that some company will buy up the patents for twinkies and other hostess snacks so it is unlikely that you will have to say goodbye for long to your twinkies.

I have too many guilty pleasure foods than is good for me...

• Star Crunches too?

Wtf that was my childhood :'(

• I had never had a Twinkie before my 20th birthday, and I've never had one since. I don't even know what else Hostess makes. Thanks to my sheltered life, I feel no sense of loss lol

Ice cream is my poison though, Twinkies are nothing compared to ice cream.

• Twinkies are absolutely atrocious. Seriously. They are packed with toxic chemicals and are full of fat and calories. I don't think there's a more terrible thing to eat than a Twinky.

My guilty pleasure food is just plain chocolate bars

• Twinkies are overrated, they're not even good.

• Selected as most helpful

Hostess is shutting down because the greedy Teamsters union didn't get everything they wanted. No surprise there.

But Hostess was a corporation and was therefore evil by nature, concerned about nothing but profits. So the thousands of people who made a living working for them and will now be taking unemployment benefits, paid for with our tax dollars...they are just a casualty of the liberal war against corporate America.

• Yes, thanks for conceding.

• as does the validity of it LOL

• Fair enough...my bad. But my point remains unchanged.

• Show Older
  • never liked them because of too much cream they put in there. but I guess fat people will have a memorial service for it.

• Imo, I believe some company will buy them, and they'll be back in business.

• I haven't been a huge contributor of the profits of Hostess anyways. But what I am concerned about is those 18K people that are unemployed due to an over-aggressive union making outrageous demands.

• I like those little powder doughnuts.

• Well I haven't eaten a Twinkie in probably over 10 years, so I can't say this is shattering news. You could always learn how to make your own Twinkies at home. It's not all that hard. link

• Rarely eat junk food but if I do I'll eat a donut!

• Slowly the world is growing dark...I see the light...I am walking towards the light...I think I see Carolanne

• Don't care because I don't eat junk food.

• Less fat people in this world.

• Say it ain't so

• Dunkin' Donuts Boston Kremes. SO delicious!

• good to see that not only does barry like to kill businesses he big wife does too. twinkies themselves suck but all the other hostess things are good.

• Michelle Obama hates Twinkies, that's why they are shutting down =(

• First of all Hostess I shutting down that means if people want twinkies they go to the off brand version of twinkies which basically tase the same unless you specifacly prefer hostess.

• link End of an era? But even if someone buys up the company, sometimes the taste just isn't the same. Difficult pill to swallow but on par for the times.

• You're not going to have to say goodbye. The brand is too iconic. Some other company will buy the name and start making them, and unlike Hostess, might actually have a workable business model that can turn a profit.

• Aww, I'm sure someone will buy the twinkies brand and continue making them.

Anyway, ice cream is my weakness, and moist chocolate chip cookies.

• This creates the opportunity to search for a snack food that isn't pure garbage. Good riddance and screw the union busting owners of their sh*t factories.

• Even as a kid I sensed these things were poisonous and lacking in nutrition. No tears about these things going. Maybe people will start shaping up if these foods start vanishing.