Why does a guy call a girl "Buddy"??

I really like this guy that I work with and I have tried talking to him, but football is the only common ground I can find to talk about with him. I said hi to him today and he responded with "Hi Buddy!" My name is Becky not Buddy. Does he just think of me as a friend? or do guys just naturally have a hard time saying a girl's name? or did he possibly forget my name? HELP!

Ok, I will clarify things a little bit. Technically he is my boss at work. We work on separate shifts so we don't run into each other unless I go to get food during the day. We only have a few seconds to talk to each other when we do see each other.
I am not sure if he is just being professional or if he is trying to hide deeper feelings. I have seen him do some weird stuff with me that gives me the vibe that he is interested, but am not sure...
he will look at me for a long time out of the corner of his eye. I saw him do a 360 degree turn just to look at me, even though he seemed busy. He gets this really goofy grin when I smile at him, not like the ones he gives to his guy friends. any thoughts

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 2

• its no big deal.lol I'm sure he remembers your name, maybe he went to say "becky" but had a twisted tongue and didn't wana sound stupid so he said "buddy." then again, if football is ur only common ground, he may see you as a buddy. which is no big deal either, a lot of good things start out as friendships. but with a situation as small as this, don't let the little stuff eat you up. you should never dwell on things you can't change or problems. hope this helps :)

• Selected as most helpful

He thinks of you purely as a friend & nothing else. If you go by the dictionary meaning of the word "buddy" then it means "a good friend". He hasn't forgotten your name, this is for your sure. No, guys don't have a hard time in saying name of a girl.

• If he does that every time, he is certainly into you. He likes you.

• Weird stuff ? Hmmm What kind kind of weird stuff ?

• He is definitely attracted to you but wants to keep it professional and friendly which he should, he does not want to endanger his job etc. or may be married? He is afraid of his attraction to you.