She is shy? I think she likes me, but she avoids/ignores me sometimes, which I find rather confusing.

I work at a bank, and she works 2 blocks from me on the same street at a fast food joint. She is 24 and thinks I’m 25, but in actuality I’m slightly... Show More

in reply to HOOO3) In that note that I gave her, I ended it by saying something in Spanish. "I said I want to get to know you better". After visiting her a few times after that, she finally asked what was it that you tried to tell me in Spanish. I
I told her exactly what I meant, and then asked her to translate it, and she did, very willingly. without any awkwardness. 4) After I ask her a question, she often frames it back at me. (sign of being interested no?) 5) She accep
5) She accepted the gift that I got for her very very willingly, without even saying things like Oh you shouldn't have, or I can't accept this. etc.
6) Once I tried to test her to see if she gets affected and I guess you can say it worked. What I did was before going into her work place. I give one of my friends a missed call, and when I'm standing at the counter and she is taking my order, I ...
I get the call from my friend. Now I say very discreetly in a low mellow voice; hey I'm about to have lunch can I call you back. Now she gives me my food, and I'm sitting there, and from time to time, I look at the phone, and at once she starts a convo.
After that I can smell something burning. Her manager comes out; turns out that she had put a knife in the oven. She looks at me is embarrassed, but we both just have a laugh and never speak about it again. (It could be that she got jealous, and started
thinking to many things at once like (who is he talking too, could that be his girl friend etc), and hence she by mistake left the knife in the oven you know. There is a possibility.
There are just too many many reasons which convinces that she does like me. If you need more please ask, and I'm not the best to even explain these things, but trust me if you were there, you would feel something definitely going on.

Anyway I'm not that concerned with all this as much. The only thing that bothers me is why? in the world does she ignore me at the bus stop by taking a different route (which is the closest way to her place). I mean I'm just being friendly with her.
This makes me feel like there is something wrong with me. Like am I that bad? that you can't come face me, and people say I am an attractive person by the way. I mean even if she didn't like me, she could have just come on over and just make an excuse to
not talk or something, or pretend to talk to a friend on her cell phone or something. There are so many things that one can do, but take a de-route. It just doesn't make sense. Its not like I have a deadly virus or something you know ? So please Shed
So please shed some light on this particular behavior now please.

-Thanks for reading. Any honest and thoughtful remarks will be most appreciative and helpful. Cheers
SHE CALLED ME! :D I REST MY CASE! THanks all :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I can appreciate that some women are shy (is she Asian?) but what I can't understand is why you're being so shy.

You need to man up and either burn this bridge (so you can stop wasting your time... 4 months! Really?!... and start focusing on a woman who's not so much work) - OR - step up and make things happen.

How?

Get her number. Get her email. Get her Facebook. If she's really shy she's going to need you to lead EVERYTHING.

- you call her.

- you email her.

- you invite her out for dinner.

- you pick her up.

- you pay.

- you hold her hand.

- you hug her first.

- you kiss her first.

- etc.

These are all the normal steps every guy should do, but especially in your case.

Until she says "Stop. No thanks. I'm not interested."

Eventually she's either going to stop you, or she's going to end up married to you.

I imagine she would never last this long with you because ultimately her boring shy personality would likely push you away (long term.)

Now go back there, line up a date, and don't leave until you get her number.

~ Robby

My Blog ( link )

• Hey thanks Robby

Well first things first. She is Latin American, and secondly I am not being shy, I'm just taking it slow, to try to get to know her better, to get her more comfortable around speaking to me. That's why I'm using an indirect approach. I asked her to teach me Spanish, she thought it was a great idea. So I just followed up on it one day, by saying when do my spanish lessons start, and she replies as soon as I get free with some of my assignments (which I told her prior to .....

• Show Older
    • Hey thanks Robby.

yeah so we spoke on the phone for a bit, but then I asked her what she was doing this coming weekend and she replied, she is busy, but maybe next week. So I went saw her at her work. Everything was fine. How often do you think I should call her now. I havn't called her for about 2 days now, considering she is busy on the weekend??

• I suggest you mirror the space she's giving you. If she's busy on the weekend, then she's giving you space. In return you must give her space. She might be legitimately busy, or she just might want some time away from you. Don't call her more than twice a week. This relationship already sounds like too much work in my books... If you don't allow her to come see you, or to call you, then you'll ALWAYS be the one chasing her. And to me that sucks. Don't always initiate, let her too.