Why are girls so ridiculously shallow?

Girls have life so easy. All they have to do is be skinny and average looking and they won't have to worry about having sex tonight. But guys, we have to be skinny + muscular + tall + good looking to land said average girl.

I was downstairs in my dorm just a bit ago, I went to ask some random dude a quick, simple question and the two girls he was with just stared at me and frowned. I guess I was up to their "standards" so how dare I show my face in front of them? Let alone talk to someone in the vicinity of them.

What is wrong with girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, obviously you are in a mood and probably not up to debating this, but girls don't have it so easy. Neither do guys.

I had a guy comment to me on a date a few months ago that girls had it so easy because we can have sex anytime we want. I thought his comment was so funny because, yes, if we wanted the things a lot of young guys want, I guess we would have it easy. But we don't. We are not out looking for an easy lay. We are out looking for a boyfriend or a relationship nine times out of ten. And, you guys definitely do not make our lives easy when it comes to that. So, instead we have to navigate the sea of guys looking for their next f**k or putting up with the idiots that actually think we are ever so happy to have them call us here and there looking for sex without any regard to our feelings.

So, when you wonder why you have to work so hard to land said average looking girl, it is because girls are trying not to get "landed". Yes, perhaps the particularly good looking male can pull tail, true, but over time most girls wise up to even that. Most girls tire of being treated like nothing more than a glorified sex toy and will be looking elsewhere for a guy who is really in to them and wants a relationship.

• Yeah but the women that I've encountered usually take advantage of guys who may seem a little average physically but treat women with the up most respect. However, she won't give a guy that's tall, athletic, and good-looking as much of a challenge. All they have to do is sweet talk her, show off their body, and boom the woman is head over heels and dropping her panties. The only time those women began to be more cautious and careful is when they've got dumped or cheated on by more than 5-6 guys that fulfilled their sexual desires.

What Girls Said 9

• i think you're imagining things. I highly doubt those girls frowned because of how you look. maybe you walked into the room looking really sullen and unhappy so they looked at you and weren't too excited. and also, girls are no more shallow than guys. in fact, guys place more importance on the way a girl looks than visa versa. not all girls want tall skinny guys lol. just like not all guys want big boobed blondes. it's just a misconception that everyone has these unbreakable standards. stop feeling sorry for yourself because I can guarantee that it's your sad attitude that's more unattractive than your appearance. so fix your attitude and maybe next time the girls won't frown at you.

• Oh really? You ever notice how a group of girls ALWAYS talks about how "hot this guy was" completely ignoring all the other guys around them. Or if they see an "ugly guy" they will go ewwww or complain about how he looks. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME and I'm in college.

• I agree with the asker

• Um, guys are, in general, waaaaay more shallow than girls are, in general. Guys care way more about looks than girls. That is a known fact, and I'm sure the majority of people will back me up on this.

Like Ivarei said, I'm sure you were imagining things. Unless you're grotesquely ugly, I doubt they made those faces at you just because of your appearance. In fact, it's entirely possible that they didn't even make them because of you, at all.

• Girls won't even talk to a guy unless he looks like some duetchbag pretty boy. They will just answer his questions with a frown and one word then walk away. Don't even try to tell me girls are less shallow than guys. It just isn't true at all.

• You obviously have NO confidence when it comes to girls. If you don't have confidence, girls will see right through it and be turned off by it. If your mentality is that girls just won't talk to you unless you look like a greek god, you basically make that assertion true because girls will be able to tell that you are thinking "oh I'm just not good enough for her" and be completely turned off and not give you a second glance.

• @sammyangel9991: Are you serious? You are trying to tell me that girls are less shallow than guys, but in the same paragraph you write ". In fact, the majority of the guy population is average looking or less than and tons of them have girlfriends."

Are you kidding? You and the other female who said the same thing are just proving my point.

• Sure, there are girls that only care about the superficial stuff but for MOST part I know a lot more guys that are shallow! Girls are much more willing to forgive flaws in a guy after they get to know them rather than guys. Guys seem to write off girls pretty quickly for petty things. Even when they're less attractive than the girl!

• It's about the same. Girls are just allowed to be more shallow.

• Listen, I considered physical attraction the ONLY factor for dating a girl until freshmen or sophomore year of college. Then, I began to look for other beauty traits. I don't mind flaws either, as long as you don't have flaws all around. There has to be a balance.

• well.. people have so many steryotypes (spellcheck)

for girls.. guys are a bunch of douche bag sex addicts..

and for guys, girls are a bunch of shallow ass snobby whores.

but ill just say this partner... when you find that girl whos not shallow.. not a whore.. and not a snob... ya better hold on to her. cus she'll leave ur ass.

excuse my boldness. no offense given. just my personality.

hope this helps.

• the girls who are bitches are that way because they don't like themselves. I'm not shallow but I am hesitant to date guys. . Life's not easy on us ether girls are mean to girls they find your one flaw and use it. I'm good looking and I can tell you right now half the men who are nice to me just want in my pants and the ugly girls talk a lot of crap. Your rite most girls are sallow but their are some who arnt and if your truly nice to the good ones and not just trying to score you'll meet someone who is beautiful inside and out. try to remember mean is a defense from getting hurt sometimes us good girls are afraid of getting hurt no matter what you look like. remember this!

girls sleep with you on the first date and their sluts but if you do it you rock.

girls are expected to look act smell and smile perfect. your expected to be under 200 pds. who has it harder?

More from Girls
4

What Guys Said 7

• What if the girl isn't skinny and average looking? What to do then?

Girls often have it more difficult since they are being judged much harder when it comes to their body and looks.

In reality all a man needs to be successful with women is average looks and a high self esteem and confidence. Many guys are fooled to believe that they need good looks, a fancy car or a million dollars. All you need is to feel like a million dollars.

Really, this is the truth. And if you stop worrying about "having sex tonight" I promise you will become more successful.

• Girls aren't judged more by looks. I have seen a girl turn down a dude just because he had brown eyes.

• Well, around my campus there must be a lot of exceptions then....

• Finally, a guy with some clarity! you realize we're not looking for the guy with the biggest d*** or the buffest body. we like average guys with A+ personalities!

• Your mad dumb lmao..i mean I know alotta shallow girls, but I have way more shallow guy friends...girls will talk 2 guys if there ugly...and as long as you have a good personality your good..ur argument is that girls are shallow, when in fact girls should be asking why guys are shallow

• I think both genders are equally shallow, but it just seems easier for girls because us guys almost all the time have to be go-getters, like we have to be the initiators, we have to be the ones to do the pursuing and chasing, making the first move, and all the other moves before any potential date/relationship, or a one-night stand. For girls, everything, or just about everything just comes to them, they don't have to go looking for it literally.

• I think it has become a trend for young women to be shallow, and it's a dumb trend. I think it has been encouraged by baby boomer parents that realized keeping young women shallow gave them more control, because these young women constantly make fools of themselves and have to keep running back to Mommy or daddy because they're not able to be self sufficient. An example is: recently I saw a young lady that had just graduated college, say something on a dating profile that no adult would say. It was that you should contact her only if you have a good relationship with your family. So what? No matter how successful you are, or how talented or great a person, if you have parent with a personality disorder or a substance abuse problem, or Alzheimer's, or your parents are dead, don't bother contacting this gal, cause she's a douche bag that wouldn't even give Batman a chance because his parents are like dead and that's like icky. And you can't say that isn't stupid az$ed and shallow. And I'll also say I don't see any women in their 30's that make those statements, because by then they have gone into the real world and become mature enough to realize that crap (like having messed up up parents) happens to all kinds of people and not only is it not their fault, they can't do anything about it but go on and do right in their own lives. By their 30's most women are mature enough to realize that people who overcome, despite crap happening to them are the last folks you want to cut from your list, because they're the real winners, and that the crap, in one form or another is usually coming down the line for all us adults, sooner or later, and the test will be how we handle it. Its ridiculous though, that though most women in their 30's get this, often many women in their 20's act like they're clueless about it. It's has become a big trend for 40 or 30 to be the new 20, but for women to act like they're as shallow as in grade school or teens when their in their 20's just makes them look beyond stupid and defective. It's a trend that keeps them from becoming successful people and it needs to go. I would never hire the young lady that made that statement on her profile, she showed by saying that the she is beyond immature even to the point that she is really mean to people that have done nothing wrong and deserve compassion. And people like that are bad for any organization or company.

• A lot of younger ladies in their early to mid 20's are super extremely shallow as in the ever so dreaded "list". Men would rather puke than hear a lady say she has this "list" of demands. Yeah lists for both men and women are great but what makes men pi**ed is the women that have the extremely long list of superficial BS crap. He has to be this and this and this and he better have this and better do that, he must be a minimum of 6' tall even though she's all of 5'. She then gives complete BS answers when someone asks her why not date a guy that is shorter than 6' but will still be yes taller than her even with her high heels. Women can never ever ever give a straight answer about women's totally shallow completely pathetically overly obsessed with men's height. They always give the stupidest answers about wanting men's height if you want to even call it an answer as in (Um I don't know I just like height, um I don't know I want him to be taller than me when I wear my high heels (um yeah her being all of 5' and he 5'8, 5'9, 5'10) obviously common sense that he will obviously still be taller than her with her heels. Height is absolutely such, such a small part. If she's overly obsessed with men's height (as in she refuses or demands that he be 6'+++) tall even though she's SHORT, she has ISSUES.

More from Guys
2