Why are some girls (and guys) extremely picky about who they date?

And a large majority of girls are far far from perfect themselves. Yes, I do know it goes both ways, guys are guilty of this, too. Wouldn't the... Show More

I'm not saying people shouldn't be selective about looks. I am just saying they should stop setting their standards based upon supposedly "flawless" models/celebrities.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty picky myself. For me, is because I don't want to get myself hurt. I don't think anoyone wants a relationship with a misunderstanding about their personalities. Also, we want to trust them and understand if they don't play the game. The good looking ones always get into the game. I have really bad luck in my relationships, but when it comes to choosing, looks go first. The main priority is the personality, but it is difficult to find the PERFECT kind, because I stick with the look, and end up getting hurt in the long run. I don't think pickyness should come to looks, only personality.

Asker upvoted
    • There is nothing wrong with having a "type" that you go for. But if you expect to date someone that looks like Brad Pitt, well forget it. You don't sound as if you have insanely high expectations, which was mostly what I was getting at. Some girls aren't perfect themselves, but expect a perfect man. This is why they are always getting their heart broken.

• Same way with me, I know I will never date a girl as hot as Megan Fox. So I would set my standards accordingly. I am far far from perfect, and I don't expect a perfect girl. Some people don't understand this, so they get their heart broken.