Why do most girls like tall athletic guys?

The girls that I like are only attracted to tall athletic guys. Why are no tanned girly girls attracted to short preppy guys? :(

If a tall, tanned athletic guy walks into the room, any short preppy guys can just forget it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Preppy. That's your problem. Preppy guys look gay and stuck up. Where I'm from girls go for punk or skater guys and of course the football team. But preppy kids get beat up at my school

• Lol you are wrong, wear a polo and a nice pair of blue jeans, and I guarentee you get looks from some really attractive girls ;P

• Lol I agree, preppy makes you look weak. Polos are fine, but notice that generally the confident, athletic guysin the polos still get more of the looks. and skinny jeans are even more gay it raises the question f whether you are actually a guy or not.

• Haha, yeah what is with dudes wearing those skinny womens jeans?!? Looks god awful.

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 22

• for me its all about personality but the guy cannot be shorter than me. umm I guess girls like muscle...athletic guys have good bodies lol

help me please?

• Well it has to do with testosterone. Taller athletic guys, tend to be ideal fathers, while shorter "preppy" (that just sounds feminine) guys who may be chunky isnt. We're still animals at heart and we're all looking for the best provider, and in our society that would be the better looking, more muscular male.

I'm not saying you're ugly, but hey if you can't get the tall part down why not just go for athletic. I'm sure after you buff up a little you'll have more luck.

Oh and tanned guys are actually a turn off to me unless it's natural, and by natural I don't mean lying in a tanning salon, or on the beach, because that's gay, and too much work.

I've been with shorter guys, who were chunky, and they all turned out to be too much of a bitch for me. By that I mean they had lots of self esteem, emotional, and other issues. I mean I though I was the girl.

And judging by this you're totally lacking in the self esteem department.

• P.S. I'm not speaking for all girls, because in general I would date someone who was short and preppy as long as he wasn't fat. But that's just my take on the situation.

• I'm not fat at all. I'm just short and preppy. I'm not tall, or athletic.

• Try going for the shorter girls, since most females like a man to be taller than themselves

• Well, I gravitate to taller guys because I'm tall (5'10), and I feel self-conscious with a guy who's more then a few inches shorter than I am. It's also nice to look up when talking to somebody for once haha :) But I'd date a shorter guy too. But getting on the track team or something wouldn't hurt you, find a sport you like. Height probably won't be an issue for them if you're athletic ;)

• Dude...maybe because they make some effort to look good x)? I'm not saying you should have major muscles, but...if you're body's toned it's a lot more attractive then a bear belly or something like that. It will do miracles for you if you start working out, I'm talking about personal experience x)...I had a guy friend who was a "geek" and...didn't work out, at 15 he still had some baby fat and such...but then one day something got to him and he started working out, got contacts...his face is not a face of a pretty boy btw :P...but an okay face + a well toned body will do miracles (:

More from Girls
17

What Guys Said 15

• Look I used to worry about this ALL the time, now granted I don't believe I ever fell into the "preppy" category and there is nothing wrong with preppy (not sure what the plural for preppy people is..Sorry) However I have been short all my life, when I was younger I was very into weight lifting (more out of insecurity than anything else) and now that I'm older not so much, what I'm getting at is women like all sorts of men, and it seems to me they mostly like a man who is comfortable with themselves, this isn't to suggest you be conceited, just be comfortable, don't worry so much about what some girls might or might not like. I used to really obsess about this and worry that there was something wrong with me, all it was, was all my anxiety and the such that was really off putting for the women I knew. If it is any consolation I have seen women also all wrapped up in worrying about their looks, weight etc. And all of that worry and anxiety doesn't make anybody look attractive, so just try and ease up a little, I'm confident you have a great deal to offer some lucky girl, just be yourself and relax. It has always been my experience that when you really aren't looking, is when that special girl will show up, and when she does all those worries and concerns will really fall into the background. The fact of the matter is we ALL want to be accepted and want to be with someone who likes us for who we are, we have a tendency to focus on a lot of things that ultimately really aren't all that important. So please don't give up, and just be yourself after all it is YOU they really want to get to know, not what you "appear" to be. I hope this helps you some, and that you can go out and have some fun.

• Im 6'4 and workout every day of the week and I don't find that girls are swarming me. But dude consider this, you are attracted to tanned attractive girls because they are physically attractive, would the same not apply for girls? Being attracted to muscular, tanned guys? Also preppy boys and girly girls aren't exactly a good match. Both tend to be needy and insecure. So is a needy insecure girl looking for someone to make them feel good about themselves going to go for a needy insecure guy - not likely.

• Please do not dwell on this problem because it is simply not true.

Women are the physically weaker sex and so they tell themselves that tall strong men are better able to protect them and sweep them off their feet.

This is just being romantic but not very realistic. Girls will be attracted to men who are kind, considerate and thoughtful and with whom they can have fun and enjoyment. They are also drawn to men who have the same or similar interests to them.

Consider how threatened a girl may feel if she has a tall handsome man taking an interest in her. How soon is this man going to be pulled by another more glamorous girl? If he gets attention from other women after marriage, how long is it going to be before he leaves for a younger woman?

Most women have far more sense than men give them credit for. Just be yourself and do not bear a chip on your shoulder. Try to be amusing without overdoing it and you will soon be very popular with the girls that really matter.

• So what you're saying is that you're extremely picky and you're expecting them not to be?

• The sword of choice cuts both ways.

That, and women are attracted to all different types of men, and I can guarantee that there is someone out there who digs shorter men who dress in a "preppy" style.

More from Guys
10