My girlfriend doesn't make the effort to talk as much anymore. Can't figure out why

(SORRY IF THIS SEEMS VERY LONG) We've been dating for a bit more than a month. before we started going out, we were very close friends and talked to... Show More

by the way, I dun really wanna complain about this to her, I know that it'll just push her further away. and also, I like her very very much.

Most Helpful Opinion

• She's independent, you said. And you also mentioned she has a social life. So she has a variety of activities going on and a fruitful life. If you wanna be with this chick that means you need to preoccupy your time with other things than your girlfriend. Anyone in the world can see you're gassed up with 'feelings' about this girl. It's only been a MONTH, we all get that way. only thing is she's pumpin her brakes, doin the smart thing and noticing that maybe things are movin too fast. Meaning, she doesn't want to make or hear promises she or you can't keep. But then again, she might not have been looking for that to begin with and two things will happen. 1) She'll break up with you if you continue your relentless concern before you actually cool off. 2) She secretly likes the attention and the moment she gets tired of it and something better comes along she dumps you. You have only one choice and the only choice that can also help you out if you think this girl is right to be with.(more importantly, it will stop your current habit with this girl). That is, talk to her seriously the next chance you get, tell her you understand where she's comin from and that you were in the wrong to be accelerating the relationship so quickly only after a month, and then tell her that the only reason for that is because you admire her independence and see something different/special in her (you decide, make the compliment unique but for the love of God DON'T take it too far) and that you'll stop the endless callin and give her a chance to make the text/call first. And then end it with "BUT, if you feel this is done and it can't get any better, let me know so we can end this now". I know you say you're not clingy man. But anyone on this forum including myself will say that you are. We get it man, she's cool and since it's only been a month I'm sure she's drop dead sexy. be a gentleman but stern, and ask her if she means business because you certainly do and won't allow the relationship to drag out into something it never was. Because your right, seeing a girlfriend twice a week (unless it's school/career/family) is no girlfriend. Good luck