Other girls make fun of me because I'm short?

I am 4'11, almost 5 feet tall and the shortest girl of my age (almost 15) almost everywhere I go. Lost the count of how many times it happened at school (glad there's a break now), but is seems like my height bothers many people, usually girls. I can remember a couple of times where boys made fun of me but it was just that and then they moved on and that's it.

For girls it's a little different. If it's a girl I don't usually talk to and she has anything against me they don't give me a break so easily. All the nicknames, mockery and lies that I have to endure very often are kind of stressing, even for me who am a very calm, quiet and patient girl most of the time. But it only got physical maybe of twice, I hate being part of fights, drama and arguments, it's just not for me.

Why are girls so mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls want to have a higher status than other girls and so will use any advantage and attack any possible weakness to achieve that.

Honestly, a lot of guys (like me) prefer petite girls and you shouldn't have to worry about this pathetic bullying for long. I know that's of little comfort to you right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 4'11 too! Honestly don't worry what girls think because likely their jealous of the attention your height gets from guys. Girls tell me all the time they would love to be my size! You likely won't grow unlike the other comments said (unless you're luckier than me) I haven't grown since 6th grade ๐Ÿ˜‚

What Guys Said 30

• You are a beautiful young lady. When we are made fun of or called names, we decide whether we let it bother us. It's very childish to call people names or make fun of them. Since you are in the age group, it's hard for you. Ignore the senseless things say. Those who do these things are not even worth paying attention to them. I was made fun of when I was very young. What I found was that once I stopped them from knowing it bothered me, they stopped because it's no longer fun if you get no reaction. Just ignore them and show nothing on your face or actions that might show they got to you. All these people are bullies and when a bully is not getting what they want from their actions, they get mad. If they are the one who gets mad, you win even though you didn't say or do anything. I got out of many fights just because I stood up to the bullies. If they called me a chicken, I would say "okay, I'm a chicken: and it was very funny to watch their reactions when they find they don't scare you or have an effect on you. Now, regarding the girls who talk about your height, take it as them envying you. I've had many taller girls/women complain that the short ones take all the tall men and the tall women have less chances because of this. I'm 6'@". I have been with females that were 4'11" to 6"1". This shows you that I don't make height a big factor on if I'm attracted, but short females have always been my favorites. Your looks and apparent intelligence will attract many guys. Just remember that and don't let the nuts get to you. You are above that!

• You need to stop caring. They're doing this because they know it bothers you. If you walk around being proud of your height, they'll stop picking on you cause it's not getting them the reaction they wanted.
    The reason they choose your height is because it's unique to you. They're just bullying you.

• you're still growing

whether you grow substantially taller or not, who cares. it's just height.

• To be honest, i think they are just jealous. Generally girls tend to exaggerate any flaw they find in pretty girls to make them feel miserable and as a coping mechanism.

Do not listen to them. Hight is not a big issue for girls. You are adorable. Ignore them.

• Just try to ignore them you are not that short and maybe they are jealous as some girls want to be on the shorter side so try to be cool about this ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• this is very rude..
    you probably have years of growing so you will be taller.
    that said my ex's daughter is 22 and she is hardly 5 feet.
    so.. i would not worry..

also when you are past puberty different things go on and your body is changing.. probably more important for other people to mind their own business and leave you alone.

• They're jealous. If you are a girl, being short is an advantage in the dating world. It's not that it necessarily makes you more attractive, it's just that you have more options than taller girls do.

A girl who is 5'8 is limited only to guys who are 5'9 or taller. You, on the other hand, could date a guy as short as 5'0 if you wanted to (although I doubt you would).

As for the guys that were making fun of you, well... teasing is a way of flirting for many guys.

• just blow them off. don't give in to their jealousy and hate. the best thing you can do. just don't respond and ignore them. will make them seem stupid.

• girls are probably jealous. I love short girls as a lot of guys do and that's probably why they jealous of you

• You tell me why there mean lol. Girls are catty but usually bc they are jealous. who cares what they think.

• don't worry. be happy. focus on the good.

• You're adorable, don't worry; They're just jealous becaus you're super cute ^^

• ye you shouldn't worry
    a lot of guys like small girls

• don't be bullied.. your perfect as you are

• dude. girls are usually phyically shorter anyway. thats super adorable. I would love to hug you ! guys are fucks anyway.

• thats children for you simply it makes them feel powerfull which kinda suggests their insecure but rather than be friends they would rather bully you

• those girls are just jealous of you and they are retards, dont pay attention to them.

• It's just comes with the age. A lot of that stuff will go away in high school.

• Are you a redhead? Do you believe that a guy would reject or accept you based on your height and nothing else?

• 7d

I'm not a redhead, my hair is light brown. Don't know about the second question but I do have a boyfriend.

• 7d

I asked if you're a redhead because that would make your extremely exotic which can be good for you but also one more reason for other girls to be jealous of you.

• I find it amusing that so many guys are trying to answer this and hardly any from the gender that would be more well equipped to answer this.

• Just don't listen to them.

• They are just jealous. Short girls are Hot. so guys pay more attention to them. makes the other girls mad as hell. So every time one makes fun of you. Just smile. and in your mind. just say I could take your boyfriend lol

• personally I like to date short girls. but I think that might be the reason other girls are mean because guys like shorter girls... I don't know

• there's not a lot of tall girls out there a lot of girls I know in there teens are still only 5 foot 2

• 7d

Yes, but I won't grow any higher. This is likely my final height.

• 7d

yea sure my mom is 34 she still only 5 foot 2 it was not long before I passed her high

• Stop giving a damn about it. I'm sure a lot of guys would find you attractive.

• actually i found shorter girls hotter

• good tell them your a cute minion

• I am sorry about that, they are probably jealous of you..

• Girls get more jealous than guys do about physical appearance. The ideal girl height is shorter and lighter than men so since you are that, they get super jealous. Good news is the older girls get the more they won't physically say or bully you. They may be jealous but they will keep it in their head. I say once they get around 17 years old it will stop.

• they're just jealous cuz ur hot. :P so they look for something to pick on to "bring you down"

What Girls Said 10

• At that age they all have their own insecurities and they think everyone else knows them so they try to draw attention to other peoples insecurities instead. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm 5ft 1 and I remember that being small seemed to be a big issue in school but now no one mentions it and I don't really think about it. I do remember being at a party once and all the girls were saying to my cousin about me 'aww she is so cute' and patting my head and stuff and I realised it was because I looked pretty damn good that day and a few of their men were giving me the eye so they wanted to belittle me. Not in a nasty way, just because they were insecure.

• And girls look at me wrong because I'm skinny, and I was once a friend that people made fun of because she was tall. Girls or people in general can be really stupid sometimes, try to do not care. I know it's hard to, but what's wrong with being short? I'm sure men find it cute.

Why girls are so mean? Good question, I also wondered why recently. In fact, a lot of my friends, that are girls, made fun of me. I understood months later it was because they were kinda jealous of a guy I was dating and me being attractive for guys. Girls become mean when they feel insecure. By making fun of you or looking down to you, they try to feel superior and to reassure themselves. Your personnality doesn't end to your height, I'm pretty sure you might have a nice face and that you have plenty of qualities who make the difference with other girls !

• That's one of the stupidest reasons to make fun of someone. I'm pretty short myself (5 foot or 5'1) but people don't actually pick on me. It's for the fun of it.

• Dont let them bother you. Trust me when i say that people make fun or attack things that are different. It has happened throughout history many times so it won't stop now.

• I'm on the short side and dated a guy that was a foot taller. He used to joke that when we were nose to nose my toes were on it and when we were toes to toes my mouth was on it.

• That is mean! People are messed up and put other people down to get a sick sense of superiority.

• I'm 5'2 and I'm the shortest in my group of friends. Don't let people get you down. At least when there's a low branch you don't have to bend... oh yeah! If it helps, my mom is 42 and is the same height as you. Don't let other girls get to you, please. They're just horrible. I'm sorry you've been teased so much. I hope one day they realise what it's like to be bullied over such petty things... it's not like you have a say in how tall or short you are

• Were they jealous because you have a boyfriend that they crushed on?

• It might sound clichรฉ, but maybe they're jealous. Not all girls are mean hun, they've probably not got anything going for them x

• Being short is super cute and attractive.