Why are girls caddy towards one another?

I work with nothing but females and half of them do not like me. I have no reason why. I've tried being nice yet nothing. I've tried ignoring yet nothing. I won't show no negative behavior toward them since its the working environment nor will I show they are getting to me. One girl I knew was gonna not like me in the future just by how she would continuously stare at me with an unwelcome look. I will not quit my job because its a great position but how do I deal with this hostility? Why can't girls just get along?

175

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 17

• This may sound cliche, but this is the reason my best friends are always guys and I have mostly guy friends. Once in a blue moon I find some really nice girls that are cool with me, but most times they always end up disliking me, or (not to sound conceited) getting jealous of me, or just finding someone they like better than me. I've been bullied by girls since I was in the 3rd grade and I'm about to be a sophomore in college. I told one of my male coworkers yesterday how I was bullied from elementary to even now and he said he was really surprised and didn't see me as someone who would ever be bullied because I was such a nice person. Half of my coworkers are female though and I love all of them. We all get along really well. I wish I knew them more outside of work.

Honestly, just keep doing you. Keep being nice and just let it roll of your back. I know it's hard because I've been outcasted by girls all my life, but I've learned to not let their attitudes and behaviors towards me get me down. It's not worth it to feel upset.

• 6d

Sooooooooooo True... I refuse to let the mental capacity of others bother me. I just straighten my crown & be me 👑

• Just ignore it! It's work anyway so let work be work and stick to your friends outside of work! :-) I recently started in a very competitive position and actually talked to a guy in my department about this because I am in the same situation! He said: people are always going to be jealous! Could be anything, the boyfriend, the bag, the looks, the brain, whatever! Unfortunately girls tend to be a lot more catty and bitchy than men and hey, why waste your time to people who can't just stop comparing or be happy! :-)

• i know how that feels because i have been getting those looks since i was 9. then i went to college for the second time last year and these girls will look at me and when i look at them, they will start to laugh. it's fucking annoying. anyway, those are just their insecurity talking. maybe they saw something in you that they know they can never have, like how much you don't give a fuck about them and they are like those attention seeking whores who hates sharing the spotlight. that's the problem with every girl. pulling each other down and think life is still all about who gets to be prom queen and be asked out by the hottest guy.

• Usually girls like that are the ones that, "Only get a long with males because the drama." The drama is they are desperate for male attention and try to bring down other women out of jealously. If you are a confident woman, you will not hate other women for no reason. In fact, you will embrace and respect other women just as you would anyone else. If it were me, I would call her out. Be like, " Are you wanting fashion or make up tips? You keep staring at me with your mouth gapping."

• i think its pretty hard to get along with females in general, i guess it might be natural instinct and unconsciously but we just naturally tend to size each other and view each other competitively... maybe its the way you try to be nice make sure it seems really natural and genuine, don't force yourself to talk to people, and don't think too much. who cares if they don't like you? if they want to hate let them hate

• THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING ABOUT BEING A WOMAN. They are insecure and something about you triggers that so they treat you the way they think of themselves.

• 7d

Thanks girlie. And yes, I agree! It's annoying especially when you haven't done nothing

• 7d

I agree! Guys just mind their own business

• 7d

yes but some can be jsut as bad as women in gossip but they handle it differently than we do haha

• I have same problem... been like that all my life. Thing is, at 41yrs old (yes profile pic is current of me.. lol) I've learned to embrace it. It's nothing you're doing... it could be the light u carry, ur energy, confidence, ur aura, ur personality... then it could be, #WeDontKnowUYet childish games. Sometimes people have strange ways to basically say... Hey, what's ur name? Love ur hair, ur heels, ur so pretty, Cute dress or who does ur nails... etc I embrace it by being me, being courteous, smile, doing my job, keep it cute, keep them wondering.. maybe guessing until They build up nerves to talk to me. Some people carry light that most can't comprehend... So smile & No worries 🏆💯👑

• Because golf?

• jealousy.

• you mean catty? It's the disgusting mentality that you will take the attention of the men from them. I'm female and I will never figure it out. I have very few lady friends, we all are not catty towards other women. We welcome them. I'm never friends with girls who act like that. What I do is ignore them, or hate me even more. Cos at the end of the day as long as you are not a mistress to any of their men then you are not harming anyone. The only time I was catty was towards this young girl in my ex's group, was because her first line always when someone is introduced to her, is "Is he rich? if not don't bother" but I was not catty, everyone just knows I don't like her for that reason.

• I wouldn't say that's all women but in the interest of a good work environment I would just be friendly and excel at your job :)

• I've had this happen to me before, boy were they Bitches! This is what I did. I was a bitch back, with respect to seniority. I didn't get the friendly outcome that your looking for but I was treated with the respect I deserved. I am not a naturally bitchy person but I had to show them that I was hired for a reason and I'm still here because I know what I'm doing. Keep your nose just as high as theirs and you might have an easier time at work.

• I'd say you just gotta find the good ones, because I know I'm not catty and I have a confidence that most women aren't catty you've just got stuck with most of the minorities

• Oh the irony! Pointing out that it's "catty" would be just that!

• I don't know but I'm with you lol women are freaking dumb most of my friends are guys so I don't need women friends. If I work with them I avoid their get togethers

• What did they actually do to show that half of them do not like you? A look is nothing as it could have been just a resting face.

• 7d

They talk mess to me and give me attitude 100% of the time. They treat me differently. Never cool unlike to other girls

• Did you start after they did? What sort of work do you do? And do you work closely with them or are you able to do your job without having to talk to them? Most of the time girls will usually act like that because they feel threatened by you or jealous of you,

• 7d

I started after 1 and at the same time with another. I work semi close but not very. I just wanna get my check and go home man. Enough of this shade

• 7d

Ok well it couldn't be that they formed a close friendship before you had started. I guess you have tried it would be really uncomfortable but the best thing you can do is be civil when you have to talk to them about work things and just do your own thing. It's not a very nice feeling though, but at least if you don't have a job that you need to work right next to them it should be a bit easier. If you do feel that they are actually bullying you though you should talk to your boss and if it's a job where they can move you to a different part away from them girls maybe ask your boss to move you.

It's understandable that not everyone will get along but they could at least be civil towards you.